• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rondale Watson & Andre Washington transferring

Their sentiment. Not necessarily mine.

But they sucked this year. Mass exodus this offseason. Dennis Smith is one guy.

If they are a dumpster fire, what the fuck are we? Superfund site?

Landfill fire

From Ya Boy Stan Cotten on Twitter. Think he/she (?) should have made a distinction between regular transfers and those who graduated and then transferred, but pretty sad graphic nevertheless.

CdmSsUkW4AAlkaq.jpg

pSKU1WL.jpg

Can someone with more social media prowess help here? This is from Danny Manning's twitter handle.

I'm more interested in the last player to NOT graduate by their metrics. Probably Niki Arinze, who I don't believe finished school anywhere after he left Wake after the 1999-2000 season.

Didn't Rountree, Washington and Madison Jones graduate and then transfer into a graduate program at the successor institution?

Graduation Rate as used in that tweet means every bball player that has made it to the end of their senior year (basketball eligibility wise) at Wake has graduated. That's different than Graduation Success Rate, which is what APR uses, which measures whether the player was in good academic standing at the school every single semester or when they left, whether by transfer or early entry.

Graduation Rate as used in that tweet means every bball player that has made it to the end of their senior year (basketball eligibility wise) at Wake has graduated. That's different than Graduation Success Rate, which is what APR uses, which measures whether the player was in good academic standing at the school every single semester or when they left, whether by transfer or early entry.

How would it even be possible for a basketball player to make it to the end of his senior year and NOT graduate? That would be a pretty big fuck up on everyone's part.

How would it even be possible for a basketball player to make it to the end of his senior year and NOT graduate? That would be a pretty big fuck up on everyone's part.

I mean yeah, it means they stayed academically eligible for 4 years of basketball so it's basically not fucking up the last semester. This stat has been used by lots of bball factories because of its broad definition. Calapari said UK had a 10 year 100% Graduation Rate or something which sent everyone into an uproar, but that sample size for scholarship players had to be close to single digits.

Was it Wisconsin that had a deplorable graduation rate among 4 year players?

I'm more interested in the last player to NOT graduate by their metrics. Probably Niki Arinze, who I don't believe finished school anywhere after he left Wake after the 1999-2000 season.

That dude was in the library every time I went.

That dude was in the library every time I went.

We named our family dog after him, who just died a few months ago.

He also left Wake after his Junior year, so he wouldn't count according to the definition given by FYC. Jim Fitzpatrick and Tim Fuller are the only seniors listed here for 99-00, and Fuller definitely graduated. I don't remember Fitzpatrick.

We named our family dog after him, who just died a few months ago.

He also left Wake after his Junior year, so he wouldn't count according to the definition given by FYC. Jim Fitzpatrick and Tim Fuller are the only seniors listed here for 99-00, and Fuller definitely graduated. I don't remember Fitzpatrick.

According to WIN Fitzpatrick graduated. Arinze may indeed count because he didn't graduate and he didn't transfer to another school, which is rare.

ETA: And if that is the case the streak is in jeopardy if Yung Crab decides to go play in a minor league somewhere rather than go to another school. Though I don't know how that's different than an early entry... so who knows.

Last edited:
I think he ended up an All-American at Henderson St. (at whatever level that is).

If they just hadn't called that charge on him against Duke it would have all turned out differently...:rulz:

I think he ended up an All-American at Henderson St. (at whatever level that is).

If they just hadn't called that charge on him against Duke it would have all turned out differently...:rulz:

Yeah, it looks like he did after googling. I guess the bball reference doesn't keep track of Division II.

So if you only count the people that graduate, we have a 100% graduation rate. #science

Well like bmoney mentioned, Wisconsin for some reason had like a 50% graduation rate for 4 year players over an extended time frame.

Back