• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rondale Watson & Andre Washington transferring

Please. Watson has improved and has earned minutes on a mediocre team. But he shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Delaney Rudd.

Were you @ WF during Rudd's time? I was there for his senior year & he was very good but I gave some of the credit to Muggsy who made everyone look good & Green being the focus of most opponents' attention. I remember he hit the shot to beat DePaul the season before but don't really recall much about his first 3 years. When did he start contributing?

I see Rondale's potential in the Braswell/Goolsby range

Were you @ WF during Rudd's time? I was there for his senior year & he was very good but I gave some of the credit to Muggsy who made everyone look good & Green being the focus of most opponents' attention. I remember he hit the shot to beat DePaul the season before but don't really recall much about his first 3 years. When did he start contributing?

I see Rondale's potential in the Braswell/Goolsby range

During Delany's first year at Wake, he would take a shot and it was either a brick or complete air ball. I think he averaged 1 point as a frosh and close to 13 as a sophomore. He got stronger that summer and my tips during pickup games at the YMCA in Rocky Mount were instrumental in his development! Seriously, by his senior year he was money. Delany from 20, bottoms!!!!

I was a couple of years behind Rudd. He didn't play as a freshman but started his last 3 years. He was surprisingly good his soph year, and as BG said, he was money his last 2 years. He hit the game tying or winning shot in the NCAAs to retire Ray Meyer and played a decade or so in the Association.

Rondell Watson has made some nice strides to earn some p-t on a so so team and will never sniff the Association. The comparison is worse than inapt and laughable.

IIRC Rudd played center for his high school team, so he had some adjusting to do.

Wrong about Rondale. He wasn't the only one who sucked today but he sucked.

at least he's giving effort and showing that he cares. He got heated several times when cuse scored uncontested layups on the weak side. Only 3 guys looked like they gave a damn today...Moore, DT, and Rondale.

IIRC Rudd played center for his high school team, so he had some adjusting to do.

Correct. He went to a tiny HS and played center at 6'2". His freshman year he was pretty clueless and bad. He completely changed his game by his sophomore year. We said he went from Delaney Dud to Delaney Stud. He was money the rest of his career.

Rondale = solid role player. Good effort and has shown spurts of positive contributions. We have many more high priority issues that need addressing.

@GoodmanESPN
Wake Forest sophomore guard Rondale Watson is transferring.

good luck to him. surprisingly he was one of our better players this year.

I actually liked Rondale. He could defend and shoot relatively well. He was not an ACC caliber player but not his fault for being offered. Best of luck wherever he ends up and averages 24 a night while his team makes the big dance.

Anyone could have predicted this three years ago.

He should have played more this year. He will do well at a mid-major school.

Has anyone bothered to update our tot board? Is that 18 out of 28 who have now left the program in the past six years?

Back