• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rondale Watson & Andre Washington transferring

Altho he kinda sucked Rondale exceeded my expectations. Good luck to him.

He sucked less than another guard who played twice as much.

We need shooters. He shot ok, I thought. Nice improvement from year 1 to year 2. He'll do well elsewhere.

He shot 38.7% from the field this season. Only Wilbekin (34.5%) and Hudson (34.0%) were worse among the regulars.

He shot 30.0% on 3s. Only Hudson was worse at 26.4%.

At the FT line, he was the worst FT shooter of all of the scholarship players at 55.6%.

Rondale Watson probably received more unwarranted criticism by this and other boards than any player recruited in the past six years. Before he ever set foot on campus. By the end of his sophomore year he has earned the respect of most of his detractors through effort and improvement.

All the best to you Rondale. You deserve it.

Rondale Watson probably received more unwarranted criticism by this and other boards than any player recruited in the past six years. Before he ever set foot on campus. By the end of his sophomore year he has earned the respect of most of his detractors through effort and improvement.

This is the truth.

Agreed

True. He surpassed the lowest expectations. That's something the program has not done.

Both Rondale & Crab were attached to the program prior to Manning. He at least is filling out a roster with players of his choosing. Mcclinton will play his last year at wake this upcoming season & now Manning can have a 3 man class of '17. The talent level needs to improve & this is the way to do it.

This makes McClinton as the last player on the roster with ties to bztanic. This is a net positive for everyone. Rondale gets to leave a dumpster fire and our messed up scholly situation becomes a bit more manageable. Good luck to Rondale!

aca2285655394e6d08164d7ebdcd8ecc.jpg

I thought he was not an ACC quality player, but he improved between his second year from his first year quite a bit.Someone quoted his stats:"He shot 38.7% from the field this season. Only Wilbekin (34.5%) and Hudson (34.0%) were worse among the regulars.He shot 30.0% on 3s. Only Hudson was worse at 26.4%. At the FT line, he was the worst FT shooter of all of the scholarship players at 55.6%."I thought also when he drove for the basket he seemed to have a lot of shots blocked. But he might wind up like Chennault, go to 'Nova, and a couple of NCAA tournaments, or Desrosiers, at Providence, two NCAA tournaments. I doubt he will lead his next team in scoring as Fischer at BYU, Adala Moto, at Towson, & Cavanaugh, at GW are doing(Adala Moto also leads in rebounds, I think his team won 20 this year) and Cav is 2nd in rebounds and GW is in the NIT as is BYU. Winning 11 games one year, winning 13 his first year, going in, coming out of the line-up, trying to figure out the substitution pattern, if there was one--no one can really blame Watson to want to play on a winning team and maybe even have a more significant role. If he keeps improving as he did between his two years here, he may be a real asset for another team which we may watch in post-season. I believe it may be about 8 who have transferred or been "retired" from the team?

It's possible to admire his effort while recognizing he is only good enough to lose with.

sad thing is he was probably a better player than Donavan Mitchell and Dick Wash are going to turn out to be.

Rondale's main problem is he's not Taron Downey.

Back