• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rondale Watson & Andre Washington transferring

So, McClinton is the only Bz recruit still in the program? Was Wilbekin initially recruited by Bz. Fairly certain that Dinos was only recruited by Manning.

OK, Danny, here's your chance with your players. Let's see it.

So, McClinton is the only Bz recruit still in the program? Was Wilbekin initially recruited by Bz. Fairly certain that Dinos was only recruited by Manning.

OK, Danny, here's your chance with your players. Let's see it.

Wilbekin was originally committed (or was very close to) to Manning at Tulsa.

Our fans have forgotten what an ACC player and an ACC team looks like. Rondale could be Downey? No, just no.

Not to pile on but I would take Downey over any guard since 2005 except maybe Teague. And I would rather have Downey than any set of two guards sine 2010.

Crawford and Childress will split the point guard minutes next year. Woods and Wilbekin and possibly Washington will split the two guard minutes. Watson saw the writing on the wall- his playing time was going to go down next year and as someone pointed out...sophomore year is the time to transfer- not junior year.

Those PG minutes will be split like 35-5. Woods, Wilbekin, & Washington will likely split the majority of the minutes at both the 2 & 3. Dinos starts at the 4 & the better player between JC & Doral will start at the 5.

Those PG minutes will be split like 35-5. Woods, Wilbekin, & Washington will likely split the majority of the minutes at both the 2 & 3. Dinos starts at the 4 & the better player between JC & Doral will start at the 5.

No other incoming player expected to get serious minutes?

Dinos doesn't need to start (and shouldn't) if we get decent shooting from our 2 and 3.

Still think Dinos should be coming off the bench. Not only is JC better all around, but I think Dinos would balance out what is otherwise going to be a very poor shooting first set of subs. It would also give Dinos a chance to get a feel for the rhythm of the game, instead of just coming out and throwing up either 4 bricks or 4 swishes before realizing he's on/not on today.

With that said, I wouldn't bet on Manning taking Dinos out of the starting line up.

I'm sure it has been covered elsewhere several times, but I would like to see: Crawford at PG, Woods at SG, a grad transfer at SF, Collins at PF, and Moore at C for the starting lineup, with Wilbekin the main sub at guard, Washington at SF, and Dinos at PF/C. Would then love to have a second grad transfer that can provide depth at PF/C.

With Rondale gone, we should be looking at 2 grad transfers to use the scholarships so they'll open up again in 2017, right? God I hope we can find somebody better than Dinos if that's the case.

I'm sure it has been covered elsewhere several times, but I would like to see: Crawford at PG, Woods at SG, a grad transfer at SF, Collins at PF, and Moore at C for the starting lineup, with Wilbekin the main sub at guard, Washington at SF, and Dinos at PF/C. Would then love to have a second grad transfer that can provide depth at PF/C.

Hopefully SJM can give us 10 mins a game next year. Having Collins be a rim protector while Moore gets his many rests is just begging for foul trouble.

From Ya Boy Stan Cotten on Twitter. Think he/she (?) should have made a distinction between regular transfers and those who graduated and then transferred, but pretty sad graphic nevertheless.

CdmSsUkW4AAlkaq.jpg

From Ya Boy Stan Cotten on Twitter. Think he/she (?) should have made a distinction between regular transfers and those who graduated and then transferred, but pretty sad graphic nevertheless.

CdmSsUkW4AAlkaq.jpg

Of the 22 players that Bz touched, 5 finished at Wake. That's astounding. If you consider Hudson and Rondale his, that 5 out of 24.

So far Manning has added Dinos, Wilbekin, Crawford, Collins, Doral, and Woods to the program. Every one of those players is better than Rondale. This is addition by subtraction.

I do think it's kind of amazing that Rondale probably received the most unwarranted criticism of any Wake player in recent memory only to then receive the most unwarranted praise of any Wake player in recent memory.

Picked Kansas. I kenpom'd the hell out of my bracket. 2&2 will not forgive, I'm sure.

The Andre Washington transferring is a little misleading. By all accounts he will have spent four years at Wake and will receive his diploma in May. He only played three years of BB, apparently by mutual decision between himself and Manning. I don't really count this kind of situation as a "transfer." He graduates from Wake, he goes on to his next stop in life, graduate school, like many who will graduate with him. Just that basketball will influence his choice of graduate school and progam more than most.

We've basically become Calipari's Kentucky and Memphis programs except we suck. Wasn't there a proposed punishment for tournament/bowl eligibility recently based on graduation rates?

Back