• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rondale Watson & Andre Washington transferring

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Delaney Rudd 2.0 ? Probably not, but I said he reminded me of Rudd when I saw him play in high school. Good size, strong, athletic, good shooter, good defender, can take it to the basket. He has a chance to be a good player at WFU- maybe a poor man's Delaney Rudd.

Last edited by a moderator:
give the kid credit - many on here didn't think he would ever help us and he has worked his butt off and it is showing. He plays solid D (excellent compared to some of his teammates) and he is gaining confidence with his shot.

Good for him. He deserves the minutes he is getting.

Yes, we needed to give him a chance. We are, and he is responding. Good for him.

He had a good gam last night in both ends of the court.
Especially liked his 3 point shooting

Shorten the rotation to 7 or 8...eliminate McClinton and all but take Hudson's minutes away too! Rondale has earned it...

Hudson is such a tease. He has all the physical tools (athletic, long, nice stroke) to be exactly what this team needs -- a difference maker at the 3 spot. He should be a great defender, and he should cause matchup problems for other teams. The production just is not there. His 40% effective field goal percentage is the worst on the team (not counting Van Horn), his turnover rate is also among the worst on the team. Disappointing.

When both Hudson and Rondale were suspended to start the season, never thought that the Rondale would be the one that would make the greater contribution when they returned. Kudos to Rondale. With that said, a big reason why this team does not have a better record is Hudson's play to date. Rondale has earned more PT than Hudson. Unfathomable at the start of the season.

Rondale has definitely looked strong lately, especially given his relative lack of playing time to this point. He plays good defense, makes good decisions, and can knock down open shots. If that move to the rim becomes a common occurrence, he could be a pretty good player for us. I'd take him over Hudson or Wilbekin at this point.

Hudson is such a tease. He has all the physical tools (athletic, long, nice stroke) to be exactly what this team needs -- a difference maker at the 3 spot. He should be a great defender, and he should cause matchup problems for other teams. The production just is not there. His 40% effective field goal percentage is the worst on the team (not counting Van Horn), his turnover rate is also among the worst on the team. Disappointing.

When both Hudson and Rondale were suspended to start the season, never thought that the Rondale would be the one that would make the greater contribution when they returned. Kudos to Rondale. With that said, a big reason why this team does not have a better record is Hudson's play to date. Rondale has earned more PT than Hudson. Unfathomable at the start of the season.

Hudson is soft physically and mentally. Extremely soft. He looks terrified out there sometimes.

Totally agree. It seems as if Hudson is getting worse and worse as the season progresses, as his best game to date was probably the UCLA game (his first). He was hitting both boards, penetrating and getting to the line, disrupting on defense, etc. in that game. Now he seems content to chuck from three and rarely gets to the line or hits the offensive board. And as mentioned, he looks clueless on defense. It's a bummer that the two guys that should be the best defenders on the team (Hudson and McClinton), given their size/length and athleticism, are probably the two worse. Not sure if it is a effort issue or a basketball intelligence thing. Probably a combo of the two. Hudson needs to watch game footage of Josh Howard at Wake to see how he progressed his game over his career to become a dynamic all around player.

Codi's return really seemed to hurt Hudson's play. He played pretty decent in his first few games, where he was one of the primary ballhandlers, bringing the ball up the court, initiating the offense, driving and drawing fouls, etc. But for whatever reason, he hasn't adjusted well to playing off the ball. And now whenever we need him to be a third option on O, he looks completely lost out there. Nearly every possession ends with him chucking up an errant shot or turning the ball over. Hopefully he can get his confidence back and get out of this funk, cause we need him to have any chance of turning this season around.

Totally agree. It seems as if Hudson is getting worse and worse as the season progresses, as his best game to date was probably the UCLA game (his first). He was hitting both boards, penetrating and getting to the line, disrupting on defense, etc. in that game. Now he seems content to chuck from three and rarely gets to the line or hits the offensive board. And as mentioned, he looks clueless on defense. It's a bummer that the two guys that should be the best defenders on the team (Hudson and McClinton), given their size/length and athleticism, are probably the two worse. Not sure if it is a effort issue or a basketball intelligence thing. Probably a combo of the two. Hudson needs to watch game footage of Josh Howard at Wake to see how he progressed his game over his career to become a dynamic all around player.

100% spot on.

Good for Rondale F'in Watson. Nobody believed in him at all. I've had him penciled in as a transfer almost from the very moment he committed. Yet, here he is getting quality minutes and scoring in double digits in an ACC road game.

Please. Watson has improved and has earned minutes on a mediocre team. But he shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Delaney Rudd.

Good for Rondale F'in Watson. Nobody believed in him at all. I've had him penciled in as a transfer almost from the very moment he committed. Yet, here he is getting quality minutes and scoring in double digits in an ACC road game.

I believe most of the fans were 100% in agreement when he missed free throws against state that he should not have been on the court . Glad Manning seemed to know that he could contribute. our coaches have their work cut out for them to keep our guys improving.

Is the biggest Rondale fan on these boards also the biggest Codi hater?

Rondale has been better than I expected, but his D seems to be overstated on here. He also plays too many late minutes, in my opinion. Still, happy with his work for a ninth man.

His D only needs to be better than Wilbekin, Crab, and McClinton to earn late minutes.

Is the biggest Rondale fan on these boards also the biggest Codi hater?

I don't hate CMM. I hate losing and he will get you beat if you give him a chance. I also hate to watch putrid shooting from a WFU guard.

Back