• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Petition to get Doral Moore Playing Time

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
He always had both a good offensive and defensive play in his 2 minutes when DM gives them. This is more vital than the JC minutes.

he had what 10 points in 4 minutes? I can't wait for all the usual suspects come on here and say, "but he's not getting minutes because of his poor D."

We could have lobbed to him all day. Could have put DT at the foul line and hit him with a pass about every time. He could have taken it to the hole or fed it inside. It would have worked with BC too. But we played Mclinton at center with 4 guards. And a rim protector on defense might have helped too.

Seriously, today in 5 minutes of play he had 4 points, 3 rebounds and two blocks.

Love Doral's game and hustle.

Game thread discussed he (somehow) has "stamina issues." No idea what to make of that.

Yeah. He gets tired of sitting while we play like shit. Collins too.

Seriously, today in 5 minutes of play he had 4 points, 3 rebounds and two blocks.

He was in the game when I turned it on late and I looked up the CBS box score that doesn't have minutes. My first thought was I was happy he was getting more minutes than usual. Nope.

Since the Rutgers game Doral is 16-20 (80%). Perhaps some untapped potential?

Generally players that generate positive stats in limited playing time earn more playing time. He gets a bucket and a couple of boards every game in his 3 or 4 minutes. He is a big man with athleticism and touch and we aren't a good basketball team. Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
Started this weeks ago. There was no problem tonight except JC(who everyone loves) playing instead of Doral.

Since the Rutgers game Doral is 16-20 (80%). Perhaps some untapped potential?

Generally players that generate positive stats in limited playing time earn more playing time. He gets a bucket and a couple of boards every game in his 3 or 4 minutes. He is a big man with athleticism and touch and we aren't a good basketball team. Am I missing something here?
No. Manning is dumb. Very dumb.

Bump. Just finished the game (couldn't watch live). Watched the presser and DM talked about how Moore is behind a guy (DT) averaging a double double. Then who is JC behind? And why can't DT, who is a FOUR, play with a FIVE??? So dumb.

Bump. Just finished the game (couldn't watch live). Watched the presser and DM talked about how Moore is behind a guy (DT) averaging a double double. Then who is JC behind? And why can't DT, who is a FOUR, play with a FIVE??? So dumb.

My guess would be.... that our 1-3 players can't guard a stop sign, so having DT and Moore in together would not work. At this point however, either Moore or JC need to start alongside Devin. Dinos has been awful for months now...

The only way that Moore and Thomas would work together is if one has a consistent 10-15 foot jumper. If not the defenses will continue to pack in the lane because we have no outside threat. Dinos, at least the Dinos last year and in pre ACC games, provides that uncoverable outside threat. Defensively, Moore completely changes the game, preventing drives to the hoop and altering shots. However, we are such a poor on ball defensive team that our only defensive hope is a zone-which, Danny won't play consistently. Last night, repeatedly, Hudson, wilbekin, Mitoglu, and Cody were beaten off the dribble.
Browsing, like every other coach this year, made halftime adjustments with how guys came off screens that we didn't adjust to. Clemson has minimal talent, except blossingame, and is 7-3 in ACC play due to a coach who motivates and makes in game adjustments. Danny, desparately needs to alter his staff and add an experienced assistant to help with in game adjustments and preparation.

Bump. Been saying this since game one. It's fucking absurd

Should just start the kid. We got nothing to lose now but our 11th in a row.

Back