• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Gotta be Craig Stadler. You don't grow a mustache like that without some artificial help.

Since it was too rainy to play here, watched some of the French Open this morning. Jaidee was in control from the beginning to the end - nice to see him win one. Cheyenne Woods is also currently in the top 10 up in Portland.

LPGA tour has to be hoping Cheyenne is in contention regularly. Nice looking, personable, speaks English, not Asian, last name Woods.

LPGA tour has to be hoping Cheyenne is in contention regularly. Nice looking, personable, speaks English, not Asian, last name Woods.

Yeah, especially with Stacy Lewis struggling, and Lexi not dominating. Although they're probably okay with Brooke Henderson now being the primary competition to Lydia Ko for the same reasons, even though she's Canadien.

Yeah, especially with Stacy Lewis struggling, and Lexi not dominating. Although they're probably okay with Brooke Henderson now being the primary competition to Lydia Ko for the same reasons, even though she's Canadien.

And Michelle Wie AWAL since winning the US Open.

moran.jpg

No PGA this week, but the Euro and LPGA events this week were more worthy of watching anyway. I love that Castle Stuart layout in Scotland, and the US Women's Open is at CordeValle (sp?) - fairly scenic course where they used to play the Fry's.com. But then I love West Coast and Irish and Scottish links courses.

Cordevalle is pretty sweet but no comparison to the great seaside courses out there.

Cordevalle is pretty sweet but no comparison to the great seaside courses out there.

Agreed, but it was the only Fall event I made any effort to try to tune into until they changed courses. Has a cool look with the green fairways against a hilly beige background. Still a lot more interesting than that Lancaster PA course they played last year.

I like that look too. The "gold country" of central Cali is hot and dry and has some pretty fun courses. Not all in the best of shape but hard, fast and fun to play. It is beautiful country and not many people go there except to Yosemite and Napa/Sonoma.

Get to work out the next 2 mornings to Castle Stuart. And it's windy there today. Such a pretty links course. Then Troon next week.

surprising this course has only been around since 2009.

Well, the USGA managed to mangle another rules situation (right ruling, wrong timing).

And then to top it off, the USGA president (who was drunk as hell at Oakmont) managed to refer to the winner as "Bethany" Lang multiple times.

Back