• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Unreal shot by Kiz to send it to extra holes tomorrow!

Anyone coming down for the Wells Fargo this week? I'm marshaling a few days. Went for training yesterday and must say that's the 2nd best conditioned course I've stepped foot on (Augusta #1.)

Anyone coming down for the Wells Fargo this week? I'm marshaling a few days. Went for training yesterday and must say that's the 2nd best conditioned course I've stepped foot on (Augusta #1.)

I'll be there for a couple days. That course is awesome. I've got some fond memories of getting my ass kicked on the par 3 course out there.

I have heard Eagle Point is immaculate. My club's Member-Member is this weekend, so I can't make it down there. Saw on Twitter last night that daily grounds passes have sold out. Should be big crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played yesterday with a buddy who was on the course two weeks ago and he said the exact same thing. Said he has never seen a course prepared more for a tournament with the one exception of the Masters. Was laughing at the amount of pine needles that were brought in to place below the pine trees where the needles have already fallen.

I'm going Fri/Sat. The shuttle looks super inconvenient, may just get dropped off at the traffic circle on Porter's Neck Rd and walk to the gates rather than deal with going downtown or to Hampstead.

0aa867584ff047a284074823ff2f88b4.jpg

My view the next few hours.

I'm hearing on the twitter that the course is in phenomenal condition.

Field doesn't look quite as strong this year with no Rory, Rickie, Rose, Day, or Stenson. Still some awesome featured groups, though. Eagle Point is a phenomenal course. First time I played it, I was somehow -4 through 6, and ended up shooting somewhere around par.

The second time was in a U.S. Am qualifier that I had no business playing in. Think I shot 85. The rough was at least ankle deep and greens rolling around a 13. One of the toughest tracks I've ever played.

My friend played with his dad in the member-guest at Eagle Point a few weeks ago and said the course was outrageous.

I think I'm going to end up regretting not going down there this week to watch a round, but just couldn't get the schedule to work out. Will enjoy the views from the couch this weekend, however, place looks unbelievable.

Field doesn't look quite as strong this year with no Rory, Rickie, Rose, Day, or Stenson. Still some awesome featured groups, though. Eagle Point is a phenomenal course. First time I played it, I was somehow -4 through 6, and ended up shooting somewhere around par.

The second time was in a U.S. Am qualifier that I had no business playing in. Think I shot 85. The rough was at least ankle deep and greens rolling around a 13. One of the toughest tracks I've ever played.

Why you say that, obviously your handicap was within the maximum to try to qualify, so you earned the right to go for it. Kudos for taking a shot.

Why you say that, obviously your handicap was within the maximum to try to qualify, so you earned the right to go for it. Kudos for taking a shot.

It was summer after Freshman year at Wake. I had done OK previously in some junior/amateur events, but my game was nowhere near US Am level shape. Big difference in being a 1 handicap, when rarely playing with friends and family, vs. a tournament-ready/tested scratch or better.

It was summer after Freshman year at Wake. I had done OK previously in some junior/amateur events, but my game was nowhere near US Am level shape. Big difference in being a 1 handicap, when rarely playing with friends and family, vs. a tournament-ready/tested scratch or better.

Tigerswood, did you play at Wake? I have always been amazed at the number of H.S. seniors that are scratch golfers that did not play college golf. What I would give to play on that level.

Tigerswood, did you play at Wake? I have always been amazed at the number of H.S. seniors that are scratch golfers that did not play college golf. What I would give to play on that level.

Walked-on briefly. Guess I technically never made the team. It's a long story. Still very glad I went to Wake over a smaller/lower-quality school on scholarship or as a preferred walk on. The odds of making it on tour, even as a D1 college golfer, are so small, it would not have been worth giving up such an amazing college experience.

I'm clearly jaded towards Coach Haas, but the lack of success his teams have had, especially in the postseason, is pretty staggering.

I think I'm going to end up regretting not going down there this week to watch a round, but just couldn't get the schedule to work out. Will enjoy the views from the couch this weekend, however, place looks unbelievable.

Top-level golf, KY Derby and NBA playoffs, plus meat on the grill, a little brown and a seasonal brew: setting up as one of the better grillin'/chillin' weekends of the year.

Back