• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Lol you couldn't be any farther off in your take of what transpired. Enjoy the solace of not knowing what you are talking about.

It wouldn't have been choking even if he had lost. He didn't have his "A" game the entire day, that's how it is in golf, some days are like that. Spieth is only 23 with now 10 wins and 2 majors, he sure wasn't "choking" in the final round of the Travelers. Choking would be the guy that never won or it's been a long time and they're playing great and then start gagging the last 4 holes. Van De Velde was the epic choke, he was clearly the best player for 71 holes and then couldn't handle the enormity of what he was about to do. Jordan just didn't have his best stuff and still got it done, he got some great breaks to do it, but he took advantage of them.

Slow choke. All day long.

You people defending him are pathetic and I believe it's because you're a bunch of chokers.

Screen-Shot-2015-04-14-at-9.55.25-AM-600x498.png

The PGA is clearly on the weakest course this weekend at Avenel. The LPGA has a major at Olympia Fields where Furyk won his US, and the Euros are just outside Paris where I believe they're playing the next Ryder Cup. With the Irish Open back in July, this is by far the best month on the Euro tour - French, Irish, Scottish and the Open. And the women have something crazy like 3 majors in 6-7 weeks. I don't get that kind of scheduling.

It'll be interesting to see what scores they put up at TPC Potomac this week. I've had a couple of my best rounds there, so I'd guess they'll absolutely tear it up. They can set it up so that neither of the two par 5's are reachable which can keep the scoring in check a bit...

If they get the greens really hard and fast that course gets a lot tougher.

It'll be interesting to see what scores they put up at TPC Potomac this week. I've had a couple of my best rounds there, so I'd guess they'll absolutely tear it up. They can set it up so that neither of the two par 5's are reachable which can keep the scoring in check a bit...

If they get the greens really hard and fast that course gets a lot tougher.

Never played it, but went and walked it 1 year - mostly followed Scott Hoch who was having a good day. Wasn't overly impressed with the layout for a PGA venue. Congressional is definitely the way better option. Will probably watch more of the French and KPMG this weekend. I'm kinda surprised more top Americans aren't playing the French this year given that it's hosting the RC next year.

Nice to see Danielle Kang win the LPGA for her 1st win. Americans only won like 2-3 tournaments last year but are playing much better this year. Also had a few other Americans in the top-10.

Also saw the last few holes of Fleetwood winning the French with Uihlein finishing a stroke back. Fleetwood is having a really good year - leading the race to Dubai and a top 5 at the US Open.

Didn't see much of the TPC Potomac. But the course looked a lot different from what I remember. The course revisions must have been significant.

Where's biff to talk about the "epic choke jobs" the the leaders mailed in yesterday at TPC Potomac?

Where's biff to talk about the "epic choke jobs" the the leaders mailed in yesterday at TPC Potomac?

He was probably watching Kang do the opposite of choking along with me. She hit 2 20+'ers and 2 8'ers for birdie and a 12' par putt on her back 9. And was hitting it well. Held off Henderson by 1, who was trying to repeat and who had birdied 17 and 18 to make it close.

I know. I was watching. Thanks for the replay though. Kang and Perry both played great golf this weekend. The fact that Stanley can win an event with negative SG Putting is pretty crazy.

Last edited:
Don't think I've heard Stanley's name since he spun that wedge back into the water on 18 at Torrey and then won the next week a few years ago.

Back