• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alex Kinal impressing @ Senior Bowl

the recruiting power wake has for elite punters is second to none. "come to wake, you'll get to punt more than any other team in the country, for 4 years."

"Punter U"

Definitely get the kicking experience. Used to be the ballet offense back with Chuck Mills--1-2-3-kick.....1-2-3-kick. Not much changes over the years unfortunately.

He's had more practice than anybody else, like ever...so I'm glad to hear that all that practice is paying off.

Kinal met with the Texans at the Senior Bowl, among with the majority of the other NFL teams. Texans punter Shane Lechler is a pending unrestricted free agent.

“I met with the Texans briefly,” Kinal said. “I had a good meeting. It’s informal, just a little bit of a chat. I talked to them a little bit about KJ. The teams want to know that I’m a football player.”

He was interested in Australian special forces IIRC.

draft profile:

Weaknesses Low­-trajectory punter with a below-average hang time. Allowed three punt return touchdowns over last two seasons. Ball doesn’t come off his foot with consistent boom. Slow snap­-to­punt timing due to his punting style.

Draft Projection Undrafted free agent

Bottom Line Fun guy with a great story, but may not have the leg to make it in the NFL despite his outrageously high number of total punts while in college.

His stats also looked good because he rugby styled many away from the return man for little or not return.

His stats also looked good because he rugby styled many away from the return man for little or not return.

That rugby style punt also led to the low "hang time" stat. Also caused the slow "snap to punt" time. Takes longer if you are running three steps right or left before kicking.

Surprised somebody didn't invite him to camp and ask him to punt "NFL style" and see what happens. There is always some NFL team who needs an improvement at the punter position.

Kinal should get a shot at camp somewhere.... sometime.

Hell, he's from Punter U for crying out loud! :thumbsup:

Panthers don't seem to have a punter yet

Back