• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

look at our rankings in golf and if they dont make match play in the ncaa's its a major choke. ..just being fair..

It really is amazing how good we are at choking across all sports.

look at our rankings in golf and if they dont make match play in the ncaa's its a major choke. ..just being fair..

It really is amazing how good we are at choking across all sports.

Oh we are the best hands down. I can't think of a close second.

Everyone. Relax. Stupids. You put your closer in and an error happens and it was the first time this year it happened. It's baseball. A lot of shit can happen from now till the end of the season. It's The middle of year but it's still early. A lot of stuff can happen between now and conference tournament. My house is still not burning down

Everyone. Relax. Stupids. You put your closer in and an error happens and it was the first time this year it happened. It's baseball. A lot of shit can happen from now till the end of the season. It's The middle of year but it's still early. A lot of stuff can happen between now and conference tournament. My house is still not burning down

This game. The 3rd Clemson game. The 3rd Duke game.

Those are games that NCAA tournament teams win. And why we are 4-6 and not 6-4 or 7-3.

Looks like the same old Wake team that can't get it done in the clutch.

Yep. You can always count on a lot of wake "stuff" happening

Doubleheader underway. Looks like it was snow that delayed the game yesterday. Deacs up 3-1 early. Have to win 2 today.

Things slipping away from the Deacs. Shocked that Mondou, Fairchild, Breazeale are not producing as expected. Wasn't Mondou on many preseason watch lists? To be honest the entire offense, excluding Craig, have disappointed and he has less and less protection in the lineup. Hope things turn around quick because the schedule gets really difficult as we move on.

We're ranked 18th. We'll easily make the regionals and should make the field of 30 at the NCAAs. Only top 8 make match play, so it's not a choke if we fail to advance that far. IMO, we have a team built for match play if we can make it that far.

I guess we needed those 7 runs in the 9th to hang on for dear life :rulz:

I know that Walter was trying to buy 3 outs from the back end of the bullpen but that almost was catastrophic. I'm sure he was trying to save Sellers but didn't work out. Just glad we won but that was crazy.

Give up 2 in the 1st on no hits. Wild pitch and error on same play score 2. We are just not fundamentally sound.

Back