• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

Every 'ace' has an off game. Great timing for it, imho. Mid-week game that won't even count. Got that out of the way!

All athletes, and particularly pitchers, are creatures of habit. Dunshee had been pitching once a week on Friday all season. Yesterday, he started on 4 days rest for the first time. Kind of predictable that change would impact Dunshee's rhythm.

BC lost to VT today. Hopefully they will have given up on their season by the time we play them.

Anyone going to BC this weekend? I will definitely be there Saturday and also going to try to make it Friday. I hope it warms up a bit and the rain stays away. The baseball stadium is by football and not out in the middle of Newton with soccer right?

I can't make it tomorrow, but was going to try to make it out either Saturday or Sunday. Have plans to do a brewery on Saturday afternoon so it may be Sunday.

The stadium is next to the reservoir and football stadium on the Chestnut Hill campus. They recently announced plans to build a baseball field on the Brighton Campus apparently though, as part of a facilities upgrade.

Last edited:
Interested to see how we come out after a long break. Guessing Dunshee wants to quickly erase the Elon start and get back on track.

Need at least 2/3 this weekend in whatever order.

Will be tough, especially with how BC plays at home...even Louisville lost 2/3. They seem to be similar to Duke. Their ACC wins are usually low scoring, so if we could get just good pitching and scratch out 7-9 or better runs, that's our best chance, IMO. Their starting pitchers seem similar to ours, though.

BC is 6-4 at home this year in the ACC winning 2 of 3 against UVA, L'ville and VT (FSU won a game, and the rest of the series was cancelled due to weather). With a May series, was hoping for warm weather (cold weather may help explain the low scoring games at BC), but its supposed to be 50s tomorrow and 60 on Saturday and Sunday in Boston (rain Sunday is possible). BC played 2 mid-week games this week; so, they will not be rusty.

So from what I can find there is parking in the big parking garages that football uses. I think it's 5 bucks to park. I know most will take the T but I spend my Friday nights in Cambridge and getting from Porter to the end of the damn Green line is terrible. Does anyone know about ticket prices/info?

Anybody got a working link to the BC audio feed. My computer can't open the pls. file.

Not sure but is this game being played at 3pm because they don't have lights or weather related? Stadium looks like a dump.

Not sure but is this game being played at 3pm because they don't have lights or weather related? Stadium looks like a dump.

I've seen pictures of the BC Stadium, and I don't believe they have lights.

Edited to add that now the wvbc-am Boston College radio feed has now started working for me. Sounds like a couple of BC students are broadcasting the game and I can hear a lot of wind in the background.

Last edited:
I've seen pictures of the BC Stadium, and I don't believe they have lights.

Edited to add that now the wvbc-am Boston College radio feed has now started working for me. Sounds like a couple of BC students are broadcasting the game and I can hear a lot of wind in the background.

They gotta have lights. Our game tomorrow is at 6. Hard to believe that a D1 school wouldn't have lights.

Craig singled top 6th with the bases juiced and scored two runs! Deacs up 5-4 heading to the bottom. Interesting move to bring in Sellers to pitch in the 6th. We'll see if it pays off

121731-bold-strategy-cotton-meme-imgu-wLno.png

Back