• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

The John Olerud award. Began in 2010. Hultzen won it for UVA in 2012. Left handed STARTING pitcher and 4-hole hitter in their line up that year.

ETA: MiKe McGee won it for FSU in its inaugural year. So that's 3 out of 6 winners from the ACC. Good conferences bring good two way players who are capable of being, two-way players.

Not saying it's not possible to do both, hence the mentioning of Borrell. But even McKay, who was great, batted way below Craig's average and he only had 4 HRs. And I don't think McKay always started on the weekends because he played 1st some too. I remember he killed us pitching.

I just think Craig is too valuable of a hitter for us to be starting on weekends, that's all. I think it says we didn't get the pitcher we wanted because I don't think this is Walter's preference, either. He said last year, before Craig started pitching so much, that he was concerned about pitching strength.

As improved as I thought we'd be last year, we tanked midseason and finished with worse record than 2014, not making ACC tourney, again....I think by one game....

I think drawing a conclusion that Walter didn't get the pitchers he wanted because he hasn't thrown an incoming freshman into the starting weekend rotation before the 1st game isn't a good conclusion to make.

Seems like we had a very good year recruiting pitching.

John McCarren picking up where he left off last year. Would hate to blow it for Dunshee, he was unhittable.

sweet, dunshee was monte and nice to see sellers pitch so well, he has nasty stuff apparently

Question about yesterday: does anyone know if Aiellos two bombs were from the same side of the plate or did he do one from both each side?

Question about yesterday: does anyone know if Aiellos two bombs were from the same side of the plate or did he do one from both each side?

Both as a left-handed batter. Second one was a line shot opposite field that barely cleared the fence. Even Aiello thought it was going to be a flyout.

Both as a left-handed batter. Second one was a line shot opposite field that barely cleared the fence. Even Aiello thought it was going to be a flyout.

Thanks. Good for him.

Switch hitters aspire for teo home run games where they get one from each side of the plate. But it's also impressive he went oppo and pull side in one game.

Craig is an absolute stud. Will likely end his Wake career as one of the best to ever be a Deacon offensively. Will be interesting to see what position he settles into.

Assuming we won 8-4. stuck on 2 strikes 2 outs on GT

Back