• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

Did what they had to do. Great job by the Deacs. Really feel like a big key this year is going to be the development of Gavin Sheets. Sellers looked great out of the pen but I worry who will be the reliable set up men. Let's get Davidson on Tuesday and head out West with lots of confidence.

Craig is an incredible talent.

This offense has the potential to be a machine this year. Really hope the pitching is solid for us.

USC dropped 2/3 to North Dakota this weekend in LA.

Did what they had to do. Great job by the Deacs. Really feel like a big key this year is going to be the development of Gavin Sheets. Sellers looked great out of the pen but I worry who will be the reliable set up men. Let's get Davidson on Tuesday and head out West with lots of confidence.

yeah, bullpen seems like it could be an issue. farish pitched well today and apparently has great stuff, if he can throw strikes, he might be a solution.

supple and witt both had iffy debuts, but hopefully they can help out. walter talked about supple with pretty high praise.

rough start for supple, but solid work out of the pen so far.

nice to see sheets hitting well

Nice comeback win today. Cannot overstate how important it is to win midweek games. Pen did a nice job, McCarren (who I am often critical of) in particular got out of a tough 2nd and 3rd jam when the score was 3-0. Time for Dunshee to set the tone on Friday vs. SC. Despite scoring at a decent clip through the first 4 games, I still think this offense hasn't really exploded yet. Maybe the warmer weather will do the trick. Go Deacs!!

http://www.bloggersodear.com/2016/2...rt-wake-forest-ACC-baseball-USC-Trojans-Pac12

Recap of the first four games and a short look ahead to this weekend. Deacs taking on nationally ranked USC (20th in the Coaches Poll at least) who inexplicably lost their first two games of the year to North Dakota and is 2-2. First game is tomorrow night at 9. Dunshee for us going up against Kyle Davis for the Trojans who threw eight innings of one run ball on five hits last Friday but still took the loss in a 1-0 game.

Will Craig is really really good at baseball. I wonder what we're going to primarily use him for as the season progresses pitching wise. I expect he may have some 8th inning setup appearances and will make some midweek starts (shorter starts likely, four innings or so?) but never really comes in as a weekend guy. We'll see how that shapes up though as other guys are up and down and if injuries strike. Donnie Sellers at closer looks to be off to a pretty good start as well but did give up a run in the 9th against Davidson on Tuesday in a non-save situation.

The live stream works and is free but there is no sound which is very strange.

Got sound now. Camera view isn't ideal but better than nothing!

Deacs had 2 on in the first with no outs and 1 on the seconds with no outs and couldn't bring in any runs

Down 5-0 top of the 5th but have 2 in (now 5-2) with 1 out and a man on 2nd so far.

Back