• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

Yeah. Fair point. I guess I would hope for a better recruiting staff in general. Not just one with more regional connections. Because it's tough to recruit to Wake in baseball with the 11.7 scholarship limit and the price tag.

Walter didn't get the Tulane job. Is Parker coming back?

Perfect game has us ranked 38th in their preseason rankings that seems a bit surprising to me as I thought we'd lost quite a bit of talent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Perfect game has us ranked 38th in their preseason rankings that seems a bit surprising to me as I thought we'd lost quite a bit of talent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We lost Craig and Mondou, but return Dunshee and Fairchild. If we can find a reliable Saturday pitcher that will go a long way.

Hopefully Sheets can make up a fair amount of what we are losing from Craig. I think he will have a big year.

New ACCT format this year. 12 teams make it (winners of Atlantic and Coastal, then next ten teams by winning percentage). Four pools of three teams, winners of each pool advance to a semifinal single elimination bracket. I would guess, based off of the current tiebreaking method, that in the event there's a three-way tie that the best seeded team will advance.

WF returns only 5 of the 9 position players/DH that started the vast majority of its games including WF's best bat - Will Craig. WF does return CF Stuart Fairchild and !B Gavin Sheets who were very productive. Fairchild has a chance to be a top 100 pick in the 2017 MLB draft. Without Craig (Pirates) and Nate Mondou (A's), doubtful WF will be as strong offensively.

Outside of Dunshee, pitching was an issue last year, but WF does return most of its arms from last year. Also, WF had a couple of highly touted freshman last year (Rayne Supple and Griffin Roberts) who struggled last year, but could make the leap this year. Looks like WF should be better at holding opponents down. Season starts in less than a month. USC (the one from California) plays a 3 game series at WF in February. That's kind of cool.

WF returns only 5 of the 9 position players/DH that started the vast majority of its games including WF's best bat - Will Craig. WF does return CF Stuart Fairchild and !B Gavin Sheets who were very productive. Fairchild has a chance to be a top 100 pick in the 2017 MLB draft. Without Craig (Pirates) and Nate Mondou (A's), doubtful WF will be as strong offensively.

Outside of Dunshee, pitching was an issue last year, but WF does return most of its arms from last year. Also, WF had a couple of highly touted freshman last year (Rayne Supple and Griffin Roberts) who struggled last year, but could make the leap this year. Looks like WF should be better at holding opponents down. Season starts in less than a month. USC (the one from California) plays a 3 game series at WF in February. That's kind of cool.

Interesting that USC would come here in February, vs. us taking advantage of 3 days of SoCal weather. I guess they'll watch the weather for W-S before boarding the plane, as we're prone to some of our biggest winter storms in late February/early March.

Interesting that USC would come here in February, vs. us taking advantage of 3 days of SoCal weather. I guess they'll watch the weather for W-S before boarding the plane, as we're prone to some of our biggest winter storms in late February/early March.

We played there last year so I assume it was just a home and home series.

Interesting that USC would come here in February, vs. us taking advantage of 3 days of SoCal weather. I guess they'll watch the weather for W

We could always bus down to Orlando if the weather gets bad.

Saw some pics on Twitter of the baseball facility. Looks good.

Back