• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

rutmanchoo

Reaction score
Are there any Wake baseball fans out there that can speak about the probable rotation? No doubt Wake can rake but do they have the arms to make any noise?

Just as long as we're historically competitive I'll be satisfied

Are there any Wake baseball fans out there that can speak about the probable rotation? No doubt Wake can rake but do they have the arms to make any noise?

I stopped by Gene Hooks Field for the 1st day of practice Friday and spoke to coach Walter for a few minutes (full story on the site). Sounds like Parker Dunshee on Friday and Will Craig on Saturday. Sunday is still a question mark, with a few options at this point. Should be a fun season.

I stopped by Gene Hooks Field for the 1st day of practice Friday and spoke to coach Walter for a few minutes (full story on the site). Sounds like Parker Dunshee on Friday and Will Craig on Saturday. Sunday is still a question mark, with a few options at this point. Should be a fun season.

Thanks for the info.

Among the starting pitcher options are a graduate transfer from Furman, Ryan Morse (Morse also is an OF), freshman Rayne Supple (was drafted by the Cubs out of HS), and sophomores Parker Johnson and Drew Loepprich. Donnie Sellers may have the best arm on the team, but it appears that Coach Walter wants to use Sellers out of the bullpen.

Last edited:
Among the starting pitcher options are a graduate transfer from Furman, Ryan Morse (Morse also is an OF), freshman Rayne Supple (was drafted by the Cubs out of HS), and sophomores Parker Johnson and Drew Loepprich. Donnie Sellers may have the best arm of the team, but it appears that Coach Walter wants to use Sellers out of the bullpen.

I def heard Supple's name tossed around Friday, but would imagine it's an open competition for the final weekend spot.

I see we have a weekend 3 game series @ Southern Cal.

Ron Wellman has already issued a preemptive "Couldn't be happier."

USC trip will be a good experience. They're stacked this year. Wake should be close to the tourney if not make it. I doubt we do either given our normal baseball performance but we should be a bubble team.

We should definitely be a regional team imo. It comes down to pitching.

We are ranked 39th in the Perfect Game pre-season. Have two AA candidates in Fairchild and Craig, and maybe another on in Mondou.

Our schedule is hard as hell because the Atlantic Division is absolutely loaded.

Looking forward to the two games they have in Charlotte this year especially the one in uptown.

Wake plays at home Friday night at 6:00 PM against Georgetown in the first game of the year. They'll then play UMBC Saturday at 4:00 PM and VMI Sunday at 2:00 PM. The forecast looks pretty good with no rain and mid 60s on Saturday and Sunday.

Would love to see the Deacs start the season with a sweep over the weekend as the prelude to a very cool series next weekend: at USC (not South Carolina). The USC series could be significant if WF is a bubble team (and we may be) in May.

The fact that Craig is a scheduled pitcher in the weekend rotation and no other pitcher brought in looks like a sure starter, I'd say the off season was a fail.

We started strong last year (8-6 ACC) only to go on to win only 4 more while losing 12! Pitching was a major problem and O became a problem as the season progressed.

With the rest of the division progressing, don't see us fairing much better.....but we play the games to see. We might end at .500 in ACC (vs .400 last year....seems like we were one win away from making the ACC, or maybe that was the year before....can't remember), which might get us to the tourney, but I think we will exit early....

The roster says there are 7 new pitchers this year, 4 lefties and 3 righties, none of whom pitched last year.

The fact that Craig is a scheduled pitcher in the weekend rotation and no other pitcher brought in looks like a sure starter, I'd say the off season was a fail.

We started strong last year (8-6 ACC) only to go on to win only 4 more while losing 12! Pitching was a major problem and O became a problem as the season progressed.

With the rest of the division progressing, don't see us fairing much better.....but we play the games to see. We might end at .500 in ACC (vs .400 last year....seems like we were one win away from making the ACC, or maybe that was the year before....can't remember), which might get us to the tourney, but I think we will exit early....

Wow, thanks for the buzz-kill before the first pitch. Can we go ahead and give up on the 2016 football season as well?

That's beyond a pessimistic viewpoint on this squad. They return more than 80% of their production from last season, where they ranked 2nd in the ACC in average and slugging percentage. I'm finishing up my preview right now, but coach Walter made it pretty clear they'd be disappointed if they didn't make (and play well) in the NCAA Tournament this season.

Baseball Deacs have not made the ACC Tournament since 2012. Maybe they can make it, this year.

Back