• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest v ClemPson thread

This was DM's quote about our 2-48 ACC road record, it's very disturbing. I'm glad he's not concerned about losing on the road because they are not his players.

“It doesn’t weigh on me from the sense, this is my second year,” Manning said. “That’s it. I understand that, for us, it’s a process. We’ve got one recruiting class in here that we had a full, legitimate chance to recruit. The first class we got, it was very good for us, but we got lucky with that class because we weren’t here. I took the job at the Final Four, so our assistants were able to come up with some guys to help us out.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu...c3a46a214.html

They had one or two guys on those teams make the NBA iirc. And the exception doesn't refute the rule. At the college level talent wins games. We have the talent of a mid major.

Combined with D3 coaching doesn't bode well for the future.

No one on this team has any heart. Watching Clemson players run their mouths and slap the floor on defense made me sick. And our players and coaches just sit there and don't do anything about it. Fucking embarrassing. Give a hard foul, talk some shit back, do something. Pathetic. Clemson just made us their bitches in our own damn gym. SMH

Honestly whenever they show Manning you can't tell if we're playing good or bad. He makes Grobe look like a wildman on the sidelines.

No one on this team has any heart. Watching Clemson players run their mouths and slap the floor on defense made me sick. And our players and coaches just sit there and don't do anything about it. Fucking embarrassing. Give a hard foul, talk some shit back, do something. Pathetic. Clemson just made us their bitches in our own damn gym. SMH

The one guy we've got who used to show heart got crushed for doing so.

Apparently the stench of the Bzaster era still pervades in the halls of the once venerable Joel.

Please make it stop! :(

We have below average ACC talent and below average coaching, we lack in multiple areas. A better coach could get better results with our roster, just like Manning could win more games with more talent, it takes both.

Totally agree.

Focusing entirely on X and O (as it seems you were) is short sighted. A different coach may have won a game or two more this year relative to Manning but no one could win consistently with this level of talent.

Our bigger problem is on paper we don't appear to be changing that next year.

Will the stratts put up a billboard or take out some newspaper ads this time next year if we suck again? I doubt it.

Probably because the fanbase has been beaten down to the point where they no longer give a shit. You saw that crowd.

Totally agree.

Focusing entirely on X and O (as it seems you were) is short sighted. A different coach may have won a game or two more this year relative to Manning but no one could win consistently with this level of talent.

Our bigger problem is on paper we don't appear to be changing that next year.

Yeah but you can't change players during the year, Manning has shown no ability to make adjustments in game or in practice to make our team any better. That's disappointing. I'm not asking him to take this group to the ACC title, but make some marginal improvements. Take our first ACC game at Louisville, we lost but played well against a very good team on the road and looked like we belonged in the ACC. We've just gone downhill since then.

WE gave up 30 free throws and I don't think even one was anything more than a ticky tack foul. You gotta send a message that if guys are gonna attack the rim, then theyre gonna get fouled hard. At least make them think twice before driving. Step #1 to improving your defense. Our opponents know were soft and it shows.

Man, I guess I am in the minority that doesn't think talent is the problem. We have arguably a top 1-3 post player in DT. Returning our leading scorer (who obviously has played like shit) and a pretty good looking freshman class. We had miles Overton, and Madison jones on this roster last year... This roster is head and shoulders better than its been in 3-4 years.

Clempson, VPI, GTech, FSU, BC, UVA, ND aren't exactly high caliber rosters.

The difference is coaching and identity. Clempson plays hard, tough and smart. We play one of those once for about a five minutes span once a game. Talent isn't that big of an issue if you have a decent coach. VT and Clemson should be clear examples of this.

There are ways to account for SOS when comparing is to other teams.

Really? Had no idea.

Do you think winning games and gaining some confidence is a thing? Everyone needs the occasional bunny win. We don't get that with our schedule. We are better than we've played lately but all energy and emotion are gone at this point.

If Buzz was bringing in this recruiting class that Manning is next year there would be a total meltdown.

WE gave up 30 free throws and I don't think even one was anything more than a ticky tack foul. You gotta send a message that if guys are gonna attack the rim, then theyre gonna get fouled hard. At least make them think twice before driving. Step #1 to improving your defense. Our opponents know were soft and it shows.

We are soft at both ends. How rare is it for our guys to finish at the rim with even the slightest contact?

Back