• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest v ClemPson thread

WOW! No DM post game comments or player interviews at all with Stan!

First time that's ever happened- with any Wake coach and team that I can recall.

News flash DM didn't come out for the post game radio show. What an ass.

WOW! No DM post game comments or player interviews at all with Stan!

First time that's ever happened- with any Wake coach and team that I can recall.

I'm sure he's in the locker room letting the guys have it!

Man, I guess I am in the minority that doesn't think talent is the problem. We have arguably a top 1-3 post player in DT. Returning our leading scorer (who obviously has played like shit) and a pretty good looking freshman class. We had miles Overton, and Madison jones on this roster last year... This roster is head and shoulders better than its been in 3-4 years.

Clempson, VPI, GTech, FSU, BC, UVA, ND aren't exactly high caliber rosters.

The difference is coaching and identity. Clempson plays hard, tough and smart. We play one of those once for about a five minutes span once a game. Talent isn't that big of an issue if you have a decent coach. VT and Clemson should be clear examples of this.

Last year we had terrible talent too.

Remember guys like Randolph, Rodney, Tim, cp3, big e, Justin gray, josh Howard, Darius, Teague, James Johnson, aminu?

Those are ACC caliber players. Devin and Crawford are the only players currently at ACC level talent.
With some development I. Hope doral and Collins will be there. But our backcourt is atrocious.

Really? Had no idea.

Do you think winning games and gaining some confidence is a thing? Everyone needs the occasional bunny win. We don't get that with our schedule. We are better than we've played lately but all energy and emotion are gone at this point.

Um, we started the season 9-2 with some wins over teams we shouldn't have beat playing one of the toughest OOC schedules in the nation. And then, after some losses, Devin started dropping bullshit quotes post game. If anything, wins went to our head.

Last year we had terrible talent too.

Remember guys like Randolph, Rodney, Tim, cp3, big e, Justin gray, josh Howard, Darius, Teague, James Johnson, aminu?

Those are ACC caliber players. Devin and Crawford are the only players currently at ACC level talent.
With some development I. Hope doral and Collins will be there. But our backcourt is atrocious.

Those are ALL ACC caliber players.

What about players like London Perrantes, Jaron Blossomgame, Zach LeDay? Those lesser recruited players than many of the players we have yet still make a huge difference for their teams, are they not ACC caliber?

Everyone on your list isn't simply ACC caliber those are NBA caliber players. ACC tourney teams like Cuse and Clempson don't have that talent either. What do they have? They play hard, disciplined and are well coached.

You realize that the post game was on for at least 30 minutes after the end of the game. I think he had plenty of time to say what he had to say and then explain it to the fan base.

You get your ass out of the locker room and do the post game.

If manning can't even compete at home against middle of the road 3* rosters-with this roster- and isn't recruiting high level recruits, I don't see how this ends well.

You realize that the post game was on for at least 30 minutes after the end of the game. I think he had plenty of time to say what he had to say and then explain it to the fan base.

You get your ass out of the locker room and do the post game.

Yep- DM and Wellman for that matter have some 'splaining to do! :confused:

Has anyone on the roster improved through this season? From last season? I guess you could argue Devin has but I can't think of anyone else.

Back