• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Dave Mirra

This sucks. I wonder if CTE was at play. He surely had his fair share of concussions.

What is the lineage of most famous x-games stars?

Tony Hawk - David Mirra - Travis Pastrana - Shaun White - Nobody

I'm sure I'm missing some big ones.

This guy had a lot to live for. Very sad

not sure if he did x games but the unc football fella that pioneered mtv reality and sienfield. dab

I hung out with Dave while I was in med school in Greenville. He was a legend who young guys flocked to Greenville to ride with. He never acted like a big timer. He had two young daughters. It just breaks my heart. I never would have suspected he was so tortured that he would kill himself. Man

What is the lineage of most famous x-games stars?

Tony Hawk - David Mirra - Travis Pastrana - Shaun White - Nobody

I'm sure I'm missing some big ones.

Bob Burnquist.

Mirra was an idol of mine back in the day when I rode. Hate to hear this.

It is really weird how Greenville, NC became the unofficial US capital of BMX racing.

I hung out with Dave while I was in med school in Greenville. He was a legend who young guys flocked to Greenville to ride with. He never acted like a big timer. He had two young daughters. It just breaks my heart. I never would have suspected he was so tortured that he would kill himself. Man

Same here. He was such a genuine and humble dude. Horrible situation.

This sucks. I wonder if CTE was at play. He surely had his fair share of concussions.
Certainly wouldn't be surprised. I know that Mat Hoffman has claimed to have had over 100 concussions, so this could have been a factor here.

Dave told me once he had broken most every bone in his body at least once. In some ways CTE might give me understanding for something I can't understand. Just awful stuff.

This jives with the Dave Mirra that I knew. He was a great guy with no indications of a darker side. I lost touch with him after I left Greenville and much of what his life seems to have become sounds foreign to me. Thoughts and prayers for his family. I hope this allows them to somehow understand the end of his life

Back