• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unofficial Wake VS FSU game thread

Good God. I've defended a few Dinos games on defense but that was a game-killing sequence.

Pointlessly knock a turnover gifted to us out of bounds to give it back to them. Then with 5 on the shot clock inexplicably float off to the 3 point line on defense, give his man a wide open layup, foul him for good measure. And now another foul.

Ouch.

Maybe instead of the death penalty, we simply imposed upon ourselves a life sentence with no parole.

How can you justify having Dinos and Wilbekin on the floor together? Wilbekin has shown effort the last three games on defense he is just a liability, too small to guard the wing and too slow to guard the ball.

Worst defense by guards I've ever seen. MW couldn't start for Elon.

Dinos and Welbekin = 3 on 5

And WTF over and back?!!! I'm out.

What kind of idiot passes the ball backwards after crossing halfcourt?

I would love to see us keep fighting, seems like it is around this point every game where we have a bounce go against us and we quit.

And there it is the 8-5 minute mark collapse. Focus, effort, and discipline... Gone.

Still laughing when an athletic department official told me that CMM was a two year guy as a sg.

CMM is a painfully bad basketball player. That AD plant was just trying to drum up hype for [Redacted].

Our defense may suck, but our primary issue is offensive. It's why we can never put games away or close big gaps. We can never score consistently; we have no reliable scorers.

But somehow this isn't a talent issue but a coaching issue. Ok

Last edited:
LOL. Codi has 12 points and 7 assists on over 50% shooting and is 3rd in rebounding with only 1 turnover. And we pick on him? Out of all the other nonsense?

Unfortunately, everything Danny does well (game plan, teach, ID talent) are all the things an assistant is supposed to do well. He fails miserably at the duties of a head coach (game management, decisions, rotations). We should not be a "learn on the job" job but that is what we are stuck with. He is a good assistant coach and a terrible head coach. Much different jobs. If we are stuck with Danny going forward, hen his staff is in desperate need of a former HC that can help mentor Danny.

FSU has better athletes and better basketball players and they are better prepared.

But someone this isn't a talent issue but a coaching issue. Ok

It's clearly both. Manning struggles to manage the talent we actually have.

I made the right decision. Turned the game on the radio for a few minutes, poor Stan and Dinger sound as miserable as we are.

Back