• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unofficial Wake VS FSU game thread

It's clearly both. Manning struggles to manage the talent we actually have.
Terrible talent makes it hard to assess.
But I tend to agree with you. I just tire of the DM sucks talk. He may prove to suck. And he's made some head scratching decisions. But he could be a good coach and these guys not implement it

It's clearly both. Manning struggles to manage the talent we actually have.

Struggles might be the wrong word. Refuses might be more like it. This whole season has seemed like forcing a system without the players to fit that system - and no changes at all to cope.

BZZZ had as many ACC wins in his last year as Manning has in two years.

Lol yeah we are 21 points worse than FSU because of talent.

Give me a break.

But somehow this isn't a talent issue but a coaching issue. Ok
Good thing we have some more 3* gym rats coming in next year to solve this talent issue on the defensive side.

How can you justify having Dinos and Wilbekin on the floor together? Wilbekin has shown effort the last three games on defense he is just a liability, too small to guard the wing and too slow to guard the ball.

I'm glad people have come around to this position. I haven't seen the game but the two shouldn't be in together. And they shouldn't start. Craw, rondale, crab, Devin, Collins.

Unfortunately, everything Danny does well (game plan, teach, ID talent) are all the things an assistant is supposed to do well. He fails miserably at the duties of a head coach (game management, decisions, rotations). We should not be a "learn on the job" job but that is what we are stuck with. He is a good assistant coach and a terrible head coach. Much different jobs. If we are stuck with Danny going forward, hen his staff is in desperate need of a former HC that can help mentor Danny.

When we got rid of Dino, or heading coaching was a good enough position to get head coach with experience and success, instead Wellman hired Bzzzz and now the job is no where near as good a job as it used to be.

BZZZ had as many ACC wins in his last year as Manning has in two years.

Of put another way, Manning won as many ACC games in his first year as [name redacted] did in his first entire 2 years combined.

I'm glad people have come around to this position. I haven't seen the game but the two shouldn't be in together. And they shouldn't start. Craw, rondale, crab, Devin, Collins.

I agree on the starting lineup shakeup, but you're down 10 facing a zone. Putting in two shooters makes sense. They just aren't performing.

Probably wouldn't make any difference but it is surprising to me that we have kept the same starting line-up through this losing streak. I would expect some attempt to shake things up, especially since a couple of our starters cannot play man and we always start in man.

Unfortunately, everything Danny does well (game plan, teach, ID talent) are all the things an assistant is supposed to do well. He fails miserably at the duties of a head coach (game management, decisions, rotations). We should not be a "learn on the job" job but that is what we are stuck with. He is a good assistant coach and a terrible head coach. Much different jobs. If we are stuck with Danny going forward, hen his staff is in desperate need of a former HC that can help mentor Danny.

yep

This is the 2nd straight season Manning has seemingly lost the team. That's not really a good sign in your first two years at a new program IMO.

How can you justify having Dinos and Wilbekin on the floor together? Wilbekin has shown effort the last three games on defense he is just a liability, too small to guard the wing and too slow to guard the ball.
Here

I have an unrelated question. The broadcast showed DT working out "hard" lifting weights, jumping up with bands etc at 10:20 with a 12:00 game time. Is this normal? Perhaps working out on non game days and conserving your legs for defense (will also perhaps help end game free throw shooting) would be wise. Anyone have any knowledge of this is the routine for D1 athletes.

I missed my first home game of the season today. Just don't have the heart for this mess anymore.

Back