• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unofficial Wake VS FSU game thread

And now we go on the road for 3. Staring down the barrel of a 2-16/3-15 season.

Of put another way, Manning won as many ACC games in his first year as [name redacted] did in his first entire 2 years combined.

Actually Danny has 6 in his first two years, BZZZ had 5 in his first two years. Regardless, I want to punch something just for typing that. It's embarrassing.

You said criticizing the players. Can you read?

That comment is clearly a criticism of coaching–managing the lineups. But I guess you are basing your entire comment on me saying that Wilbekin has shown effort (a compliment) but is just a liability because he is small (objective) and slow (i guess this is subjective?).

damn you are reaching

Holy shit, "this team" is a criticism of the players? hahaha

This is gold.

Well when you talk about starting rando players that seems you agree that we have no better options.

No reason to get all butt hurt. I know this internet is serious business and all.

In the last 10 years of ACC basketball there have been 17 total teams that have been ranked outside the top 110 on KenPom's rankings. That's under 2 per year. It's really hard for an ACC team to be that bad.

6 of them have Wake Forest. The last 6 years in a row.

Can't wait to hear how Wellman spins this nosedive in the offseason. Will he actually have learned a lesson and be candid and direct, or will we get the same fantasy-land platitudes we got under Bz?

Does our team watch film of their games? Do they have to see the same lazy, dumb basketball that we have to watch?

If so, they should be forced to read these game threads as they watch?

Can't wait to hear how Wellman spins this nosedive in the offseason. Will he actually have learned a lesson and be candid and direct, or will we get the same fantasy-land platitudes we got under Bz?
He won't say a damn thing. Has he publicly commented at all really since Manning was hired?

Horrible play at the 2 and 3 positions, putrid defense and a bad game coach will get your ass beat.

Well when you talk about starting rando players that seems you agree that we have no better options.

No reason to get all butt hurt. I know this internet is serious business and all.

hahah, man certainly having a hard time huh?

I guess my criticism of coaching decisions really stuck out to you more than any explicit comments in this thread about players. Interesting.

I don't think the players are why the team is getting blown out. I think the team lacks focus, discipline, and effort. If you want to read into that go ahead.

In the last 10 years of ACC basketball there have been 17 total teams that have been ranked outside the top 110 on KenPom's rankings. That's under 2 per year. It's really hard for an ACC team to be that bad.

6 of them have Wake Forest. The last 6 years in a row.

wow, ugh

He's a politician, he'll use words like process and foundation building, the same crap he's said before.

too much pt for Mitch and Watson. Mitch is totally ineffective right now and Watson is a disaster and can't cover anyone. I think the rest of the season the 3 guards should be CMM, BC, and Crab. On the bright side, Crab with one of his best games of the year and CMM played pretty well. BC with to many careless turnovers. Dino is so ineffective on d, it's hard to play him. Also, really disappointed in Manning's coaching. Need to start playing Moore and Collins as this year is done and needs to work on those guys for next year.

too much pt for Mitch and Watson. Mitch is totally ineffective right now and Watson is a disaster and can't cover anyone. I think the rest of the season the 3 guards should be CMM, BC, and Crab. On the bright side, Crab with one of his best games of the year and CMM played pretty well. BC with to many careless turnovers. Dino is so ineffective on d, it's hard to play him. Also, really disappointed in Manning's coaching. Need to start playing Moore and Collins as this year is done and needs to work on those guys for next year.
CMM sucks too but somebody has to play. MW should transfer. No way he will beat out Chill or Woods next year.

It's impossible to overstate what Wellman has done to this program and its fan base

Last edited:
It's impossible to understate what Wellman has done to this program and its fan base

Totally right. With his actions and management of Wake Forest Men's Basketball, Wellman has turned wfu22fan from a top 100 NC lawyer into a drooling, brain dead internet poster. Poor guy doesn't even know there's more to basketball than shooting.

Back