• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

It looks like we shot +1 today? And that is having to count a +6 from Detmer. Ugh! We'll gain on some folks, but not enough - and not on Duke, who I think shot -1 today. Young is a no-show so far and Detmer is also struggling. Our other 3 guys have played well - they are -5 cumulatively.

Duke -11
Wake in fourth at +1

I don't think those totals are right - Golfstat is acting weird. We shot +4 the first day and +1 today - so are +5 - but show +1. Duke shot -11 the first day, and is -4 right now today, so are -15 but show as -11...

clemson shot -9 and is +2 today for -7, but show as -6

FSU shot -10 and is +10 today for E - but show as +1...

Anyway, we are like 20 shots behind Duke at the moment, it looks like.

Last edited:
Bae is playing great.. But today he shot E while making 7 birdies! I have been there, but wow that round could have been so much better...

Best I can tell, the leaderboard after two rounds looks like:
Duke: -14
Clemson: -3
FSU: +2
NCSU: +4
UNC: +4
WFU: +5
UVA: +5
GaT: +8.

Looks like everyone is playing for 2nd, unless Duke really falls apart. On that note, FSU shot +12 today.

Duke's 4th and 5th players are a cumulative -9.

I am getting different numbers than you. Who knows? Either way duke looks to be in the driver's seat

I am getting different numbers than you. Who knows? Either way duke looks to be in the driver's seat

Well now they are playing the third round so the scores have all changed. And it looks like we are going low - at least so far. Still way too much ground to make up but we could get up to second if we keep playing the way we are now.

So I assume they are expecting storms tomorrow, hence the 2 rounds today? Looks like McBride is tied for first. Unless Nipper for Clemson birdies 18, I assume they have a play-off for individual winner?

McBride is in a playoff for individual title. Live broadcast on theacc.com

Wow. In all the articles the past few years about WFU athletics, that one probably screams "WTF" the second most, behind that crazy women's volleyball coach stuff.

Dailey is a class act and good coach. Talk about the wheels falling off:

Asst. Coach Diaz leaves for more money at "Wheels Up." LOL. Are you a coach or a salesperson/business man? Of course we probably pay Assistants in golf nothing. And that helped Cappaliez make the decision to leave, apparently.

The Brooks chick hurts her wrist, ok, got it. Shit happens and a wrist injury makes sense in golf.

The French chick Cappaliez "does not like the academic workload" and leaves to turn pro. Who is she, Harry Giles Jr.? Why bother attending College?

The German chick Eberhard pulls a chest muscle 4 weeks ago. Really? Is she bench pressing? Cross Fit? It's freaking golf. It's hard to do that playing golf, but I guess it does take weeks to recover.

Then our best player Kupcho falls off a golf cart and gets a concussion. Who is driving the damn cart? That is hard to do people, unless you are going way too fast or just don't understand rolling hills or gravity.

With a healthy and happy Kupcho, Brooks, Cappaliez, Eberhard and Hop-Ngo...that's a very good team. Too bad.

Time to re-group. Dailey deserves better.

Or Darren Clarke? :). (Couldn't hilight the French player comment on my ipad)

We are the 2 seed in the Austin regional. OK State is the 1.

Back