• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
FA DT Kyle Love re-signs with the Panthers for one year after talking to four other teams.

CSR had a interesting post that if you buy Gettleman's rationale last year when he traded up in the 2nd for Funions because he didn't think 6 picks would make the roster, you have to think he'd want to do the same thing this year. The losses off last year's 15-1 team are basically Cotchery, Dwan Edwards, Harper, and Jared Allen. New additions include Kelvin, Boykin, back-up center, back-up DT (both back-ups have contracts making them basically roster locks). Almost a wash. Everyone else from last year is currently under contract and on the roster for 2016.

With 6 picks again it seems like GMan should already be targeting a move up.

...With 6 picks again it seems like GMan should already be targeting a move up.

What would you think about swapping picks for next year? What '17 draft pick value do you think we could get for the 30th pick?

What would you think about swapping picks for next year? What '17 draft pick value do you think we could get for the 30th pick?

The Marty Hurney special... usually you move up a round when you trade a future pick like when we traded a 2011 second round pick to draft Armanti in the 2010 third round or when we traded a future 1st to draft Everette Brown in the 2nd.

I don't know what we'd get for #30, but we'd be expected to get a 2017 1st from a decent to good team for #62 in the second.

Most likely Gman packages our late 2nd, 3rd, and 7th for a top half pick in the 2nd again... 10ish picks behind our first pick like last year.

I think GMan will aim for 3 players. A 1st, a mid to high 2nd using the 3rd and a 7th, and a mid 4th using the 5th and maybe a future 4th or 5th.

I think even four picks may be too much. Getting production from cheap rookie deals is a big part of his strategy. He doesn't want to waste picks.

Interview by Schefter w/ Greg Hardy. Hardy claims he's innocent & that he was proven innocent. He forgets the part about her not showing up.

Also siding with Michele Beadle in being bothered by the fact that ESPN have Hardy a platform.

Shaq Lawson ‏@Shaq_Lawson90
85 north heading to see the Carolina Panthers

Doubtful he's there at 30.

And no need trading up to get him. Give me Grandpa Dodd

Shaq Lawson ‏@Shaq_Lawson90
85 north heading to see the Carolina Panthers

Doubtful he's there at 30.

Yea that's what I don't get. With all the talk about how Gettleman is choosy with his visits, he invites someone projected to go top 10-15?

Yea that's what I don't get. With all the talk about how Gettleman is choosy with his visits, he invites someone projected to go top 10-15?
I wonder what it would take for us to trade up that high.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'd laugh if GMan just traded the draft to move up to 10 and packed up for weekend.

73b168d7fbc4c9f2a31e1ba54e473a83.jpg

Cam posted this photo on Facebook today. I wonder whose face got destroyed by this throw?

The dude standing outside of the pool probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back