• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
For his 80th birthday, the Panthers unveiled a new 13 foot statue of Jerry Richardson in front of one of the gates.

0719panthers-richardson_02

Also semi-related, JNo is making a push to Redskins higher ups to sign Greg Hardy.

Short trying to play his way into a $17mm a year contract in 2017. Think I read somewhere else Panthers could franchise him twice in a row and pay him less than that per year.

I don't think that's correct. Had he been a first-round pick we could exercise a fifth-year option on his rookie contract and then tag him the next year, but since he's not I think we only have one year where we could hold on to him in lieu of a new contract

I don't think that's correct. Had he been a first-round pick we could exercise a fifth-year option on his rookie contract and then tag him the next year, but since he's not I think we only have one year where we could hold on to him in lieu of a new contract

There's no 5th year option since he wasn't a first rounder but anyone can be franchised 2 years in a row. The second year is just for a substantially higher price so not many do it.

You can franchise tag as many years in a row as you want at a 20% increase every time, with the first year being an average of the top 5 DT contracts from the previous season.

So the DT franchise tag for 2016 is $13,651,000. If you did another year it would be at a 20% increase it would be $16,381,000. Those are both lower than the $17mm average he wants. Though the big DT contracts handed out this off-season will skew the franchise tag higher in 2017 when the Panthers would actually have to use it.

Kurt Coleman extended 3 years. No word on $ yet but this is good news.

Give KK his money. Let Butler be depth and insurance.

I agree. Must win the LOS. If we don't pay linemen, then who (besides Cam and Luke)?

Agree on KK

I really hope we win a SB while we have all these linemen and TD. We have a great window right now to be a special special team.

I agree. Must win the LOS. If we don't pay linemen, then who (besides Cam and Luke)?

Exactly. If we didn't pay JNo and we did pay Cam and Luke, who else gets a big 2nd contract. KK has got to be one of them. Star has to be next. After that, we are talking about KB, Ealy, Shaq, and Funchess.

What has Funchess done to deserve a big contract? Let's pump the brakes a little until he produces more than a solid rookie season. Same for Shaq, although he showed flashes of turning into a player last year.

What has Funchess done to deserve a big contract? Let's pump the brakes a little until he produces more than a solid rookie season. Same for Shaq, although he showed flashes of turning into a player last year.

He hasn't. That's my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back