• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say we have about a .5% chance of going RB in the first round. You just can't do it unless the guys is a lock, and if he is, he's not falling to 30. Here is a list of every RB taken in the first round since 2006:

Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Bishop Sankey, Gio Bernard, Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, David Wilson, Mark Ingram, CJ Spiller, Ryan Mathews, Jahvid Best, Knowshon Moreno, Donald Brown, Beanie Wells, McFadden, J Stew, Felix Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Johnson, AP, Lynch, Reggie Bush, Laurence Maroney, DeAngelo Williams, Joseph Addai.

The list doesn't even look that bad until you consider that every other RB in the NFL was taken outside the first round.

I would say we have about a .5% chance of going RB in the first round. You just can't do it unless the guys is a lock, and if he is, he's not falling to 30. Here is a list of every RB taken in the first round since 2006:

Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Bishop Sankey, Gio Bernard, Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, David Wilson, Mark Ingram, CJ Spiller, Ryan Mathews, Jahvid Best, Knowshon Moreno, Donald Brown, Beanie Wells, McFadden, J Stew, Felix Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Johnson, AP, Lynch, Reggie Bush, Laurence Maroney, DeAngelo Williams, Joseph Addai.

The list doesn't even look that bad until you consider that every other RB in the NFL was taken outside the first round.

So each of the top four rushers for 2015 was taken in the first round. Good to know.

So each of the top four rushers for 2015 was taken in the first round. Good to know.

And 1 playoff team. Give me the value of the later round guys any day. If we take a RB in the first round, I'll come back here and eat all the crow you want.

Also, in 2014, only 1 of the top 10 rushers (Lynch) was drafted in the first round.

In 2013, 2 of the top 10 (Lynch and AP).

Last edited:
Cornerback and safety are much bigger needs. Replacing Josh Norman is more pressing than replacing JStew

I don't mind taking a RB in Round 1 if it is deemed an important position by the team, but why Henry? Haven't we seen enough high profile Alabama system backs be mediocre (at best) in the NFL by now? In hindsight would you have used a first round pick on any of them?

I don't mind taking a RB in Round 1 if it is deemed an important position by the team, but why Henry? Haven't we seen enough high profile Alabama system backs be mediocre (at best) in the NFL by now? In hindsight would you have used a first round pick on any of them?

Trent Richardson (3) and Mark Ingram (28) are the two first rounders and Ingram was picked at the bottom of the first round. Lacy (61) and Yeldon (36) were picked in the second round. Lacy was ROY. Henry has combine numbers like Yeldon, he's just two inches taller and 40 pounds heavier.

I agree that if the Panthers see Henry as a starter going forward there's no reason not to pick him at the end of the first round. Lots of teams miss on picks in the first round. It's not a phenomenon restricted to running backs.

I think Mackensie Alexander is that deal and would love him to drop to us.

Good luck with Solai. He is turrrrrrrrrrrible.

Apperently he thought playing in the City of Decline was turrible as well.

"I've never really had much of a chance to play in the playoffs, so I decided to come here (Carolina) and give it a try." -Solia

I have 100% unwavering faith in Gettlemagic, he will turn out to be a stud rotational DT, behind KK and Star.

Dang, Pats get Bennett + 6th round pick for a 4th round pick. I would've jumped all over that.

Must have been happy with Dickson. That's a gift for the Pats.

The Pats have had two good TEs before. It didn't work out.

As for Waters' unusual first name, he wasn't named after the actor Patrick Swayze. It is his great-grandmother's maiden name.

But before the goats, that was the highlight of most interviews. It got to the point Waters simply joked that his mother was a Patrick Swayze fan.

That's some BS right there, nobody would use that maiden name as a first name if it wasn't for Patrick Swayze. He is 28, so born in 1988, the year after Dirty Dancing came out and several years after North & South, Youngblood, and Red Dawn. Coincidence, no fucking way.

At the school watching the second grade musical. Dwan Edwards kid is in it. He's still in shape.

Not going to have Tolbert forever. I like taking Henry in the 1st round to learn from the best for a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back