• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panthers trade up to 77 to take Worley. Only Washington (#84) and Cardinals (#92) took a CB between #77 and Panthers original 3rd Round pick (#93).

Not a fan of that trade...and that its gonna be 64 choices between picks (43 picks after coverage starts tomorrow).

Lolz at everyone doubting anything about an NFL draft. 5+ months before anyone knows anything.

I used the gettleman strategy of taking best available in the first round and then targeting unproven/potential studs and taking them a couple of rounds early in my big money FF league the last couple of years. Took a lot of crap at the time of the draft but won 2 years ago and lost in the final this year.

Gettleman just said that he had second round grades on both Bradberry and Worley. Given that, I like what he did tonight, especially with the trade. Move almost 30 spots in the third and fifth rounds, and only give up one fourth round pick to do so. We had almost no major losses from a 15-1 team last year, so no way in hell all six picks lead to guys that can make the team. So trading up makes sense. Someone said a couple days ago that we should draft multiple corners and see if one works out, and that's what he did. Now as to how good Bradberry and Worley actually are, that remains to be seen. But to be honest, I'm going to trust our scouting team until they prove me wrong, which they haven't recently. So if they say second-round grades on both guys, works for me.

WVU's pass D held up pretty well last year, which is impressive in the Big 12

I completely trust GMAN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You people need to check your privilege. Gettleman and team had 2nd round grades on both corners, said they were 1 and 2 on the board at CB after the top 4 were taken. Who gives a shit if you don't know them yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say, both guys main weaknesses seem to be footwork and giving up separation in man coverage. That won't be a big of a problem in our zone heavy scheme. They both also are bigger and have longer arms than J-No and have as good if not better speed. So I'm guessing Rivera and GMan think they can be coached up.

Bradberry 4.50 40. What was Norman's?

Yesterday did seem more need based than BPA but do ya thing gman, you weirdo

MOOOAR CBs!!!!! CB from Oklahoma. First team all-big 12.

Zack Sanchez. 5'11", 185. 4.5 and 4.48 40 at pro day.

Last edited:
Definitely drafting for need. We are in good shape except at CB and S. Could see one of the picks get moved.

Bene on one side, camp competition between Bradberry/Worley for other side, Boykin in the slot, Sanchez backing him up. GMan trying to do with corners what he did with DTs in 2013.

We'll probably sign a vet cap casuality cut as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back