• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't even tell his new coach he had signed an appearance deal with FOX this year that requires him to make like 8-10 appearances on Sundays.....he seems to REALLY want to (over) expose himself this year, acting like he's been held back by the Panthers the past few years.

He didn't even tell his new coach he had signed an appearance deal with FOX this year that requires him to make like 8-10 appearances on Sundays.....he seems to REALLY want to (over) expose himself this year, acting like he's been held back by the Panthers the past few years.

I think they would be taped on his off days but still that's too much.

He's just a hurt old flame who's with one of the dumbest organizations in the league so they won't/can't stop him from acting out

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...kins-cb-josh-norman-best-cornerback-earth-nfl

But when he became a star, he also felt muzzled by the Panthers' conservative front office, which made it clear his brashness wasn't welcome. Norman wonders whether that factored into their eventual divorce. "They kind of shunned me," he says. "They turned down a lot of stuff for me, interviews, sponsorship deals, stuff I didn't even know about. They wanted it to be about the two main guys, Cam [Newton] and Luke [Kuechly]."

I find it hard to believe that the Panthers turned down sponsorship opportunities for a player, or if they'd even be able to. Unless it was the fleshlight or something.

Also, ease up on the "star" talk; he's had a year and a half of great play. Nnamdi Asomugha had a similar run, then went to the NFC East and flamed out.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that the Panthers turned down sponsorship opportunities for a player, or if they'd even be able to. Unless it was the fleshlight or something.

I bet it was more like a company came to the Panthers and said "hey, we have an idea for an ad who do you suggest we use?" Panthers said Cam or Luke, rest is history.

Nevermind that Thomas Davis and Greg Olsen are all over Keffer Jeep ads.

Uh oh - this still a bad omen?

sports-illustrated-cover-panthers.jpg

I think we're in the clear since they're not picking us to win the SB.

Did they watch Palmer in the playoffs last year?

Jeremy Cash as well. He looks like a good bet to make the roster.

I was thinking of Cash as well as I read the article.

On a different note, I was in the car a little while ago listening to Adam Schein on Mad Dog Radio. He was discussing the Seahawks and how they're going to miss Marshawn Lynch, but they are still the third best team in the NFC. It made me wonder who he had ahead of them with the Panthers. Nope. He had Seattle behind Arizona and Green Bay with no mention of the team that blitzed the entire NFC last season. (I haven't listened to any sports talk in a while and remembered why as I heard this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back