• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

He really needs to reconsider. In Mebane, there is a Conservator Center that takes in failed exotic pets and abused animals from Mexican circuses (mostly the former). These animals are not just badass cats, they are wild animals with a totally different behaviors than what you would expect. One story told at the CC is of a leopard kept as an exotic pet in Miami. He got in the mansion's duct work and sprayed, sending his stench throughout the entire residence. It cost $10k to clean everything up. Then the owner got rid of the leopard.

All cats are assholes. Why the fuck would someone want one that could literally eat you?

Also, an eccentric defensive linemen from Ole Miss? Pass.

Last edited:
Yeah I was joking - just thought it was funny a draft prospect is talking about wanting to get a pet panther

All cats are assholes. Why the fuck would someone want one that could literally eat you?

Also, an eccentric defensive linemen from Ole Miss? Pass.

Liked that dude after reading the story. Didn't even catch the Hardy similarities. No need to see if eccentric Ole Miss DLs are like Southern Cal WRs for the Panthers.

I'm not against grabbing a TE in this draft, I just think we can get good value with a Jerrell Adams in the 3rd/4th round

Gettleman has earned my trust to the point where I could rationalize almost any pick. With that said, I'd be surprised if we went WR or RB in the first round.

Derrick Henry fits our mold, but there is an amount of unnecessary risk in spending a first round pick on him, or any RB, with other, safer and highly skilled options on the board.

Conversely, Corey Coleman has spent 4 years playing on a team that is the exact opposite of our offensive scheme. Coleman has the physical tools (mainly speed speed speed), and I'm not saying he'd be a bad pick. I just think it's going to be tougher to evaluate him, or any Baylor player, given their offense. That increases risk, which again, I'm just not sure is worth taking given how much talent is in the first round.

I still see us going DE, CB, or OL (in order of confidence)

Hunter Henry would be an interesting choice.

Last edited:
I'll probably talk myself into getting excited about Derrick Henry if the panthers end up taking him, but I'm concerned about this turning into Trent Richardson 2.0. Or maybe Legarrete Blount.

I think Henry is going to be a good running back for someone. The question is how long he will be after running 50x a game at Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would be a reasonable level of production for a 1st round RB to be considered worth the pick?

200 yards a game.

That includes pass catching too. We should be able to cut a couple of receivers.

Appalling lack of respect for HOF Ed Dickson in that article.

I think Derrick Henry will fall to the Cowboys in R2, after drafting Bosa #4. They really suffered at RB this year, and will value RB's more than most in this draft.

I would be Panthers go DE in the 1st.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back