• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
12814719_1115228561861867_889484066543619023_n.jpg

Still haven't seen any numbers for Weddle. Panthers beat writer on twitter said we'll know why the Panthers weren't interested when we do.

I mean given our cap room that seems pretty reasonable, but I'd imagine bigger priorities to GMan are locking up Josh and KK Short

Its 4 years 26 million, incentives for 29 million, and 9 million first year. Thats what I saw.

I think GMan is trying to find another Coleman type player for Coleman type money while freeing up money to keep Coleman beyond next year. He will only be 28 next year. That will count as keeping one of our own.

I have no problem with Coleman as our starting safety. I hope Tre is ready to ball out this season.

It's a do or die season for Kony, Tre, and Bene.

@RapSheet
Former #Falcons DT Paul Soliai is signing with the #Panthers on a 2-year deal worth $7M, source said. $3M guaranteed, $4M in year one.

Yeah, low risk basically a 1 year deal with a 2nd year team option. Didn't fit in Quinn's scheme in Atlanta, but he's a huge run stopper. Good depth for the DT rotation on early downs.

@jjones9
Soliai will sign the deal tomorrow. He and Star Lotulelei are close. Panthers are cornering the Samoan/Utah defensive tackle market

@JoshNorris
DT rotation will be even better after the draft, since Gettleman won't be able to resist this class.

Great, more 350 lb immigrants taking jobs away from regular Charlotteans.

I think that mentality is like the hot hand theory. You just think everything will work out because the most recent examples you can think of did when in reality everything will correct to the close to the average. Its the same stuff people say about Belichick but he has had some colossal busts as well, Haynesworth, Ochocinco, Adalius Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back