• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
May still get him back cheaper, since most of the big FA $ has already been spent

Fuck that man.....what an ego.

If you can't play for 1 year on the tag to benefit your team then you don't deserve to be here. Good riddance.

Either he comes back humbled or there's more money to wheel and deal. CB is definitely a top 3 round priority.

Fuck that man.....what an ego.

If you can't play for 1 year on the tag to benefit your team then you don't deserve to be here. Good riddance.

I have never and will never fault an athlete for trying to get paid. If he got hurt or sucked the team wouldn't compromise for him. Get that money while you can.

‏@BlackBlueReview
FWIW, once this transaction goes through, Panthers will have around $32M in cap space. Could see KK and Star make a dent into that soon.

I have never and will never fault an athlete for trying to get paid. If he got hurt or sucked the team wouldn't compromise for him. Get that money while you can.

At his core he's just a guy from country ass Greenwood with a vivid imagination. Great story coming from sleeping on his half brothers couch to walking on at CCU to playing big in a contract year to potentially making some coin

@JeffDarlington
Context from Panthers source: Panthers didn’t think looming distraction of an inevitable holdout was worth the one-year, $14 million lease.

Hope he enjoys his $$$ playing for a loser.

And save the "more money to play with" crap...anyone worth anything has already been signed...unless this takes care of KK/Star

Except he just lost out on nearly 14 million. Well above what he's worth IMO. Yeah it's not a long term deal, but that would have worked itself out this year or the next. Now he might get paid on some crap team with lots of cap space. Earning 14 million with a shot at another playoff run isn't a bad thing IMO and if a career ending injury occurred, he 'should' be able to live off that kind of money. Maybe he'll have to cut his vacationing back a bit. Maybe no more running with the bulls. Boo hoo... Should have signed and been committed to the team.

Except he just lost out on nearly 14 million. Well above what he's worth IMO. Yeah it's not a long term deal, but that would have worked itself out this year or the next. Now he might get paid on some crap team with lots of cap space. Earning 14 million with a shot at another playoff run isn't a bad thing IMO and if a career ending injury occurred, he 'should' be able to live off that kind of money. Maybe he'll have to cut his vacationing back a bit. Maybe no more running with the bulls. Boo hoo... Should have signed and been committed to the team.

Meh. Even if he ends up with 3 years, $20 guaranteed somewhere, $6MM is real money. It's not up to him to save money for the team. If the team isn't willing to pay FMV, that's on them. I have no idea what his FMV is. It wasn't him that turned down the tag, it was the front office that pulled the offer.

May still get him back cheaper, since most of the big FA $ has already been spent

Any team could sign him to a large guaranteed contract and back end those guarantees meaning in reality any team could sign him even the cap hell saints. Also the fact that there are some shitty teams out there with money to burn means he will get paid, I mean the Jags and 49ers are sitting on over 50 million each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back