• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Butler was expected to go in the run of DTs before our pick. But I don't remember.

Yeah, and no other QBs until Deshaun Watson mid to late first round.

I've seen mock drafts with 1 QB going in the top 15, and 1 OT going in the first round. It's absolutely absurd, and ignores the desperation and false hope most teams have for those 2 positions.

So while at the time I agreed (and still probably do agree) with the way Luke's injury was handled, if the guy had cleared the protocol I guess the purpose is just to hold him out solely because the games didn't matter anymore? Or is there an increased risk of getting another concussion in the immediate time period after experiencing one - meaning he was more likely to get another concussion during the last three games this season than he will be come next season? I say that because if that was the case, why not sit basically all the key players for the last few games of the season once we were eliminated? Cam had a concussion early in the season, we were eliminated from the playoffs, so by the same logic it seems like he shouldn't have been out there either for the last two/three games.

My guess is that given the long recovery of Luke's two known concussions and the cumulative effects of concussions in general, a 3rd concussion for him would be far worse than a 2nd known concussion would be for Cam, or a 1st concussion for others.

I've seen mock drafts with 1 QB going in the top 15, and 1 OT going in the first round. It's absolutely absurd, and ignores the desperation and false hope most teams have for those 2 positions.

There are going to be two or three GM's of teams with top 15 draft picks that don't have servicable NFL QB's who will draft one. Or there will be a GM with lower picks who really likes one of the QB's in the draft better than he likes his own starter. Or both.

I agree, there will be more than one QB taken in the first 15 picks.

Maybe its a good omen for us? Both times we had the #8 we at least made the NFCCG that season ('96, '03).

Also got Gross last time we had it, I'd settle for that again. The other pick, Tshimanga, less of a raging success

"Settle?"

The last few years have been a real indicator of how good Jordan Gross was.

Last edited:
I thought he was being facetious.

If you hate on Biakabatuka we will fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did kind of enjoy Timmy B. The epitome of an all or nothing player. A homeless man's Barry Sanders

Jourdan Rodrigue @JourdanRodrigue
Just spoke with Dave Gettleman. Three guys he likes: Villanova DE Tanoh Kpassagnon, TE O.J. Howard and A&M DE Myles Garrett (not at Sr bowl)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back