• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
wtf does any of that shit have to do with drafting run CMC? are you new to the south and/or NFL games?

i guess we should really stop drafting white prospects because shitty parts of the fanbase might like them?

Defs think cam gets racist shit but Luke is legit on a trajectory to be one of the best MLBs of all time. And everyone loves TD! Who doesn't like Thomas Davis?

I think everyone rightfully hates Bersin. I have never heard anyone liking Bersin. Maybe I've been out of the south too long and out of touch with rednecks.

wtf does any of that shit have to do with drafting run CMC? are you new to the south and/or NFL games?

He was a reach. He was an even bigger reach with Allen still on the board. He was a reach because the rubes will love him. I hope he's awesome. I'm just skeptical.

oh, we reached for him because he's white and gman's top priortiy is pleasing racist fans, i get it now. damn that is shitty.

CMC is probably gonna be awesome because I'm usually really wrong on this kind of thing. I wasn't a huge fan of the Luke pick because I thought Beason was aight and we needed DL more. That worked out ok.

I didn't want Cam right after we got the number 1 pick either. Thought Nick Fairley (lol) was the real deal. Warmed up to cam after the combine.

On a more serious note:

RUN CMC on SVP now! he's so eloquent unlike some other draft prospects! i love it!

*sorry if i offended you because you stopped watching ESPN because of Caitlyn Jenner, my bad*

I'm probably just too #sensitive, but our fanbase is racist as fuck. Not quite Pats' level racist, but the rubes make their feelings known.

isn't it racist for you guys to be making all these stereotypical white athlete jokes about CMC?

isn't it racist for you guys to be making all these stereotypical white athlete jokes about CMC?

On the real my concerns are:
Inflated stats against shitty defenses. Those highlight reels show some abysmal tackling.
Durability due to his small size.
He seems like a stiff upright runner to me.

He was a reach there, but the team loves him and they got their guy. Hope it works out. His biggest limitation out of the gate will be Mike Shula. On that we can all agree.

Mike Shula is just going to copy the Stanford offense the same way they copied Auburn's offense for Cam. Stanford already runs a Pro-Style system and their old OC is our new WR coach.

Could be wrong... But I thought one of the benefits on CMC is that hell be good on zone reads

Mike Shula is just going to copy the Stanford offense the same way they copied Auburn's offense for Cam. Stanford already runs a Pro-Style system and their old OC is our new WR coach.
This. We have a Stanford coach

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is the best summary I've seen of the case against McCaffery.
http://www.catscratchreader.com/2017/4/26/15433476/the-case-against-christian-mccaffrey

Fans want him to be the Panthers version of Super Bowl MVP James White, Tevin Coleman, or Ty Montgomery. The problem is those guys were all mid round picks. He’s a similar prospect to CJ Prosise who went in the third round last year to Seattle. There’s a clear history of teams selecting similar prospects in the middle rounds. Christian McCaffrey will likely be a good player—maybe even great—but the eighth pick is too high to select him. There’s an incredible amount of smoke around McCaffrey to Carolina, but I’m hoping it’s exactly that.

I have a problem with the racist elements of our fanbase, and I think we sometimes stoke that fire. Been to too many games sitting near fans bitching about Smitty and Cam saying horrible ignorant shit while never being able to admit Luke missed a tackle. Seen too many games where AJ Klein gets the Luuuuuuuke treatment. I hope Run CMC is awesome and I eat all the crow. He doesn't go that high without the wholesome image bullshit.

Don't even get me started with Bersin either.

Oh FFS. I have PSLs and have never heard a racist comment towards a player at any game. Bitching about Cam throwing the ball over KBs head isn't racist. I've never heard a foul word about Smitty. I'm also not sure I've ever sat near a white guy over 55 years old

Last edited:
If only wishing made it so. Luke is awesome. Don't get it twisted. But TD never got the love he deserved back there. Still doesn't. For my money, TD is a better player. But the #REALAmericans can't get enough of Beaver Cleaver.

This is a flat out wrong take. Luke is the best MLB in the league, and is pretty much a guaranteed 1st round Hall of Famer if concussions don't hamper his time. He's Ray Lewis, Urlacher, etc good.

TD has shown incredible resolve and toughness to get back to playing form after the leg injuries, and deserves his pro bowls 100%. The difference is, Luke can be all time good.

Also, DF07 has clearly never gone to a NFC East game if he thinks our fanbase is terrible. Spend a game in the Philly bleachers and bring up McNabb.

I'm probably just too #sensitive, but our fanbase is racist as fuck. Not quite Pats' level racist, but the rubes make their feelings known.

In my experience as a Panthers fan, the most racist comments I've heard or read have come from you on this thread.

Teams fall in love with players and reach all the time no biggie. Every quarterback was a reach this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back