• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, kinda wish it was a Gman 2 year deal special but oh well, still an ideal signing for the upcoming year.

Observer had an article saying JNo is starting his negotiation at 16 million per year for a long term deal. Woof.

Laquan Treadwell had a bad combine and a bad pro day. Once top 10 projected might be now be in the 20s and maybe even lower....

My thoughts exactly with the Boykin deal, he's only 25, I think a 2 year deal would have been better. As for Norman, I think this could get ugly.

Something about Treadwell with a 4.66 40 at his pro day. That would be a slow but big receiving corps at WR1-WR3.

Nice, kinda wish it was a Gman 2 year deal special but oh well, still an ideal signing for the upcoming year.

Observer had an article saying JNo is starting his negotiation at 16 million per year for a long term deal. Woof.

Laquan Treadwell had a bad combine and a bad pro day. Once top 10 projected might be now be in the 20s and maybe even lower....

Yeah no way he comes back for 16 per. I don't think he's worth that. He's perfect for our scheme, but we can find other people that will be for less

For reference Revis, Patrick Peterson, and Sherman all make right at 14 million per. Revis and Peterson are true man shutdown corners and follow the best WR all over the field. Norman is more of a zone guy and only plays on the outside.

This feels like a starting point from Norman to get just more than those three, but I don't even think he's worth that or that Gman will pay that. He doesn't have much leverage for a holdout so hopefully it isn't a problem going forward.

Haven't listened to it yet but apparently JNo was on Dameshek's podcast talking his contract situation. Anyone who has know what the gist was?

Treadwell would be so awesome, I dgaf about his 40 time

For reference Revis, Patrick Peterson, and Sherman all make right at 14 million per. Revis and Peterson are true man shutdown corners and follow the best WR all over the field. Norman is more of a zone guy and only plays on the outside.

This feels like a starting point from Norman to get just more than those three, but I don't even think he's worth that or that Gman will pay that. He doesn't have much leverage for a holdout so hopefully it isn't a problem going forward.

Nobody is going to pay him $16M especially not long term. If he has a strong season, he will end up in the $13.5M range over 3 or 4 years.

Lol at paying a 29 YO cornerback 16 mil a year. Bye Felicia

Yup, I was thinking closer to 12 for him. It would suck to lose him but he's closing in on 30 and we will probably draft his replacement either this year or next even if he re-signed.

Obviously Josh cracks me up (see avatar) but nah to 16m

Love the Boykin signing

+1. And no way to 16 mil for JNo. He's simply not worth it. I know he want's his payday, but he'll have to move for that kind of $. Gman won't go for that.

I can't imagine anyone paying $16mm for Norman

Seems like everyone agrees that he benefits from the overall panthers system and is kind of crazy and old

I can't imagine anyone paying $16mm for Norman

Seems like everyone agrees that he benefits from the overall panthers system and is kind of crazy and old

Wouldn't put it past the Jags or Raiders with their cap room.

agree that we probably won't/shouldn't pay that much, but Norman was absolutely fantastic last year and I don't think anyone should try to minimize that.

I think he will end up taking a very good hometown discount deal to stay for 3 or 4 more years. Maybe $12M with a lot of money upfront in a deal that could be restructured later.

Regardless, I like getting contract year Norman again.

He stands to make a shade under $14M with the tag this year. Not that different.

Granted, we do have to do some more pay that man with others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back