• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of #hottakes over the weekend about Cam due to Spieth melting down at the Masters and his post-tournament interview. Schlereth went all in...

mark schlereth @markschlereth
I hope Cam Newton is watching Jordan Spieth's interview right now. To be a true professional you have to be able to face the music

mark schlereth @markschlereth
Seems I struck a nerve with the Cam apologists...Good!

mark schlereth ‏@markschlereth
He should respect men like me who help pave the way, that sacrificed to make the league better

It's no wonder we are so screwed up we have a society full of excuse makers! Take responsibility people

You know Cam is the most popular football player alive when dudes can't keep his name out of their mouths while watching golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that third tweet is the best. Get real, Mark.

latest

Man, just read schlereth's feed and I can't believe he has the gall to call anyone else a petulant child

He should respect men like me who help pave the way, that sacrificed to make the league better

I read this tweet as "I'm pissed I didn't get paid the millions of dollars these coddled superstars make now (his "sacrifice") and have to keep working for a living so I've earned the right to say whatever I want"

Can somebody explain what Cam did to suggests he doesn't respect former NFL players?

Can somebody explain what Cam did to suggests he doesn't respect former NFL players?

Or how he hasn't taken responsibility for what he did? He may not have apologized (I don't think he did) but that doesn't mean that he isn't taking responsibility for it. Pretty sure admitting what you did and dealing with the consequences (like having to listen to a half-wit like Mark Schlereth rip you on Twitter) is what it means to be responsible. Greg Hardy said he was sorry. Does that mean he's taking responsibility, Mark?

And that third tweet sounds like something that came from a Mark Schlereth parody. What a joke.

Last edited:
He's young and black, change either of those adjectives and no one would have said a word about Cam's post-biggest-loss-of-career interview. It's absurd to have that anyway.

Cam said he was a sore loser, he owned it, and he's not going to apologize for who he is. I don't want a damn QB who is going to be happy and upbeat after a Superbowl loss....I want a QB like Cam where it eats at him and drives him and ingrains into his psyche so he never lets it happen again.

Fuck the haters.

He's young and black, change either of those adjectives and no one would have said a word about Cam's post-biggest-loss-of-career interview. It's absurd to have that anyway.

Cam said he was a sore loser, he owned it, and he's not going to apologize for who he is. I don't want a damn QB who is going to be happy and upbeat after a Superbowl loss....I want a QB like Cam where it eats at him and drives him and ingrains into his psyche so he never lets it happen again.

Fuck the haters.

So much this.

I think that third tweet is the best. Get real, Mark.

wtf

look at me dammit

That's the real gem of the bunch. How is leaving a press conference early conflated with desecrating the great name of Mark Schlereth, dutiful servant of the shield? That's the real lesson from the Speith collapse: that Schlereth is someone that deserves Cam Newton's respect.

Panthers brought in Oklahoma WR Sterling Shepard for a workout. Possible second round WR, pure slot guy.

Norman not signing his franchise deal until the last minute has prepared me for the worst. He's too crazy. Let's get the CB from Clemson

Norman not signing his franchise deal until the last minute has prepared me for the worst. He's too crazy. Let's get the CB from Clemson
He's getting a lot of hype, you think he's worth trading up for?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back