• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panthers salty about media reaction to KB being overweight
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/gettleman-frustrate-d-media-reaction-133101472.html

Meh, they used the media to shame/motivate him, but were taken back by the heat it brought down. Play with fire... I say the great ones like Jerry Rice (famous for his personal off-season workouts) don't spend time gaining and losing the same weight each year, but use the off-season to stay in shape and perfect their craft. With what athletes get paid come heightened expectations. And today's social media, which the Panthers used here, brings heightened awareness. Caveat venditor.

Panthers salty about media reaction to KB being overweight
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/gettleman-frustrate-d-media-reaction-133101472.html

Meh, they used the media to shame/motivate him, but were taken back by the heat it brought down. Play with fire... I say the great ones like Jerry Rice (famous for his personal off-season workouts) don't spend time gaining and losing the same weight each year, but use the off-season to stay in shape and perfect their craft. With what athletes get paid come heightened expectations. And today's social media, which the Panthers used here, brings heightened awareness. Caveat venditor.

“This is what frustrates me with the media today,” Gettleman said recently, via Bill Voth of the website the Panthers own and operate. “They go to DEFCON 5 on everything. . . . Kelvin Benjamin being overweight was not a big deal. It was April 17. Can we all get a grip?”

Someone needs to learn the difference in DEFCON 5 and DEFCON 1

That's not the talk of someone who needs a job.

Obviously easy to say, but seems I wouldn't hold a major grudge for an employer that made me rich even if they one day came to me and unapologeticly said "you're gone"

Obviously easy to say, but seems I wouldn't hold a major grudge for an employer that made me rich even if they one day came to me and unapologeticly said "you're gone"

This.

I'm never really a fan of saying people can't criticize their employer, given the current state of things in this country and world.

Yet when you are absurdly overpaid by said employer ... Calvin Johnson can get away with criticizing the Lions because he was rightly paid and someone was gonna pay him. DeAngelo should just shut up

I'm never really a fan of saying people can't criticize their employer, given the current state of things in this country and world.

Yet when you are absurdly overpaid by said employer ... Calvin Johnson can get away with criticizing the Lions because he was rightly paid and someone was gonna pay him. DeAngelo should just shut up

I don't think DeAngelo was ever really overpaid. Probably would have made just as much on another team in his prime as he did in a two-back system with the Panthers.

$8M+ per is a good amount of money for a RB.

Though the bigger problem is we had $14M+ committed to Stewart and Deangelo combined. Which I guess isn't really Deang's fault

Also DeAngelo - if you're going to hold a stupid grudge, I'll say thanks for fumbling Week 1 against Seattle in what may very well have cost us a trip to the Super Bowl

Maybe something is about to come out about how the team handled Oher? Maybe Luke? The timing doesn’t make any sense.

So are we going back to the era of way overpaying for our own talent (see DeAngelo/Stewart discussion earlier)?

Because that worked out so well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back