• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Basketball Coaching Carousel

The only trouble with that line of thinking is that NBA coaches are hired so they can be fired (unless his name is Greg Popovich) so Stevens probably will be available in a few years. The best hope is that he likes the NBA better than college and gets on the head coach/first assistant/head coach merry-go-round.

I think Stevens will be one of the exceptions to that rule. Very successful in Boston so far and very highly regarded as a coach. He and Danny Ainge have a good thing going there.

Stevens seems to actually like to coach the game of basketball. The NBA is a much better place for him. A lot less ass kissing, fundraising, and courting teenagers.

The thinking here in Atlanta is that it is as simple as Vandy paying their hoops coach about twice as much as GT does.

At least when you compare what Stallings and Gregory were making.

Makes sense. Not the Vandy outpaying Tech part.

Ga Tech sucks.

And why would your fire Gregory so Pat Kelsey can get on the job training ? Fucking stupid.

The thinking here in Atlanta is that it is as simple as Vandy paying their hoops coach about twice as much as GT does.

At least when you compare what Stallings and Gregory were making.

The thinking is that Bryce Drew preferred a smaller school.

Ga Tech sucks.

And why would your fire Gregory so Pat Kelsey can get on the job training ? Fucking stupid.

Gregory was [Redacted]-caliber. That's why.

I still can't get over that guy's appeal. Even beyond the hockey rotations, talent regression, and caustic demeanor, he recruited the best players in the A-10 and could never keep Dayton at the top of the pile. His tenure at GT just confirmed that the hire was as bad in practice as it was on paper.

Gregory was [Redacted]-caliber. That's why.

I still can't get over that guy's appeal. Even beyond the hockey rotations, talent regression, and caustic demeanor, he recruited the best players in the A-10 and could never keep Dayton at the top of the pile. His tenure at GT just confirmed that the hire was as bad in practice as it was on paper.

Yeah, the only reason Gregory was still around was because of his buyout and the money owed Hewett.

They couldn't have paid a desirable coach to come in last year.

This year is a bit better. But they still have constraints.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/news/art...232608.php?t=a2d96eda6c&cmpid=twitter-premium

Georgia Tech has made Cuonzo Martin its prime target for its head-coaching vacancy, multiple sources told The Chronicle on Wednesday afternoon.

The Yellow Jackets have “zeroed in” on Martin and are “very interested” in working out a deal with him, one source with knowledge of the situation said. This comes after multiple reported possibilities for Georgia Tech’s opening have been removed from consideration.

Heard they were going after a mystery Power 5 coach, but I'm still surprised.

Would be a good hire, I think. But could they really afford him? I have no idea what he makes now.

Bay Area to Atlanta

...yeah

Back