• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Basketball Coaching Carousel

Valparaiso will hire assistant Matt Lottich to replace Bryce Drew, sources told ESPN

Valparaiso will hire assistant Matt Lottich to replace Bryce Drew, sources told ESPN

Lottich was a quality guard at Stanford in the early 2000s. Sat behind Casey Jacobsen initially and then started for two years on some good Cardinal teams.

Jay Wright and Bill Self are getting mentioned for some NBA jobs. The Phoenix Suns are looking at Wright. That could start a chain reaction if either of those decide to make the jump to the NBA.

Jay Wright and Bill Self are getting mentioned for some NBA jobs. The Phoenix Suns are looking at Wright. That could start a chain reaction if either of those decide to make the jump to the NBA.

Would think that Kevin Ollie would be a more likely NBA coaching candidate. Ollie played in the NBA fairly recently, and UCONN is mired in a bad basketball conference which makes recruiting at UCONN more difficult than it had been. Really can't see Bill Self in the NBA. If Wright is looking for something new and different coaching in the NBA in PHX would certainly do it. Like Calipari and Pitino, Wright would have his pick of college jobs even if he crashed and burned in the NBA.

^ lolwut? Are they trying to drive their program further into the ground than us?

For the love of god, Jay Wright please take an NBA job.

Just because a coach was about to get fired doesn't mean he is awful. Pastner looks about average to me. Not that good but certainly better than Danny Manning or Brian Gregory etc.

Pastner to GT makes sense to me. Hope it works out. Otherwise Tech's search is going to look a lot like our last one.

Josh Pastner?

OUCH!

WOOF!!!

WOAH!!!!!!

Man, it is tough for a program to dig out of the hole of a bad hire

Either Pastner is a 38 year old also ran or a young talent who needs a change of scenery. Seems like a decent risk to take. Bobby Cremins had similar experience (although not tourney experience) and was younger when he was hired.

Huh? Cremins won at APP STATE. Pastner inherited what Calipari had built, recruited great partly as a result, yet couldn't win and his teams kept getting worse

Pastner to GT makes sense to me. Hope it works out. Otherwise Tech's search is going to look a lot like our last one.

Our last one was nowhere near as public as Tech's and they've already been publicly rejected by 5 different targets.

Eh, even Pastner's bad teams haven't been that bad. 72 KP this year. NCAA 4 out of last 6 with no essentially no Cal players. No red flags on the advanced stats. Age is a plus.

I'm not saying he's great. But given where GT is with their search he seems fine for them.

Eh, even Pastner's bad teams haven't been that bad. 72 KP this year. NCAA 4 out of last 6 with no essentially no Cal players. No red flags on the advanced stats. Age is a plus.

I'm not saying he's great. But given where GT is with their search he seems fine for them.

Exactly. He's low risk, high upside.

Doesn't chupe have a burning hatred for pastner? I always found that funny.

Louisiana tech will be looking for a new coach after Pat Summit's son who was the coach impregnated one of the players.

Back