• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Basketball Coaching Carousel

I've been thinking about how much I hate Pastner all day. Thanks guys. Maybe this will be what drives me to attend bball games in person again, though. Can definitely see picking up some cheap UNC tix to heckle this FRAUD.

Why do you hate him so much?

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...ing-Carousel?p=2427619&viewfull=1#post2427619

He's a suck up glory hogging dick rocket douche nose, is why. Imagine hating John Buck or Scott Feather as a Wake fan. Pretty hard to figure right? So think of how much of a c-bag this guy had to have been to have life long Arizona fans hate him as a walk on. He should have been the lovable loser end-of-bench mop up minutes guy, instead we all just wanted to punch him in the balls and face.

HATEHATEHATEHATEHATE.

Last edited:
In my mind: Pastner > Manning > Gregory > BzD

But the next few years could cause Manning & Pastner to switch spots... Too early to know for sure.

And whether they do will depend on which one is able to bring his recruiting up to ACC level fastest and which one is able to coach with the ACC big boys.

Manning seems to have figured out what he needs to look for in recruits (based on offers). He just hasn't yet shown he can get them to Wake.

Dedric Lawson literally just now announced he's coming back to Memphis for his sophomore season instead of going to the NBA as a 2nd round pick or possibly transferring, lol. FML what a fucking comically disastrous hire we just made.

Vad, you know stuff, why did they hire him?

Interesting how many fan-bases hate their basketball coach, and are thrilled to see him leave.

Same narrative everywhere. The temple boards are filled with people that want dunphy fired. There is no doubt he has struggled in the NCAA, but people have shit memories. Everyone on there expects Chaney type results (and even he never made a final 4).

Last edited:
Same narrative everywhere. The temple boards are filled with people that want dunphy fired. There is no doubt he has struggled in the NCAA, but people have shit memories. Everyone on their expects Chaney type results (and even he never made a final 4).

Tom Crean has won 2 outright B1G titles in the last 4 years, and been to 3 sweet 16s in the last 5 years, and the majority of message board posts on the various IU boards are negative or anti-Crean in some form.

Tom Crean has won 2 outright B1G titles in the last 4 years, and been to 3 sweet 16s in the last 5 years, and the majority of message board posts on the various IU boards are negative or anti-Crean in some form.

It's crazy , right? I saw something like he is the only big 10 coach to win 2 outright titles over the past decade and people want him gone. I mean Tom Izzo, beline, & Bo Ryan couldn't even accomplish that.

I think most on here would swap coaches in a heartbeat.

I'll take Manning showing up at a recruit's home over Pastner all day every day. Dude is gonna have to cheat hardcore at Tech to make anything good happen.

I'll take Manning showing up at a recruit's home over Pastner all day every day. Dude is gonna have to cheat hardcore at Tech to make anything good happen.

How about substitution patterns, clock and timeout management?

El Chupe hates Jewish people.

This is false and scurrilous and false! I love Bernie and RJKarl and didn't even know Pastner was Jewish. I would hate Pastner even if he was a devoted follower of almighty Satan.

Last edited:

In fairness to the anti-Crean crowd, he did lose this past season to a Danny Manning-coached WF team.

Josh Pastner called my office on Friday night and left the most monotone, robotic, anti-inspiring voice mail blast I have ever heard. Sounded like a hostage reading a prepared message. Good luck to the Yellow Jackets on this hire.

*I am on the GT ticket office list because I go to a couple of conference games each season w/ clients.

Back