• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Basketball Coaching Carousel

Wasn't the story that Gottfried supposedly assembled a "dream team" staff when he was first hired, headlined by Lutz?

It was pretty obvious complacency had set in. That starts at the top though so I doubt anything changes with our inconsistent in the best of times play

NC State has made Lutz an assistant AD. Why not just let him go to GT?

Why would he want to go to GT? Let's take a look at GT's program here with a live look-in:

tire-fire21.jpg

Fuck off, Vad. I'm sorry the last coach you hired, who had a career winning record at Dayton by the way, didn't work out. Sorry you ended up with Pastner because of Paul Hewitt's buy out after he took you to the NC game.

NC State has made Lutz an assistant AD. Why not just let him go to GT?

Asst AD? Not quite. He's the new 'Special Assistant to the Deputy Athletic Director for External Operations', whatever the fuck that means.

I will always have pity in my heart for Ga Tech fans and alums.

(No not really)

Asst AD? Not quite. He's the new 'Special Assistant to the Deputy Athletic Director for External Operations', whatever the fuck that means.

I think that means he can still get paid and med insurance while being far away from the bball team until he gets a new gig so it doesn't look like he got canned. Very creative.

Kind of weird in that Lutz has enjoyed a good reputation at NC State as a solid assistant.

Yeah, but we never demoted Jeff Battle from the assistant position. Shit, we even kept him after a head coaching change. Probably the case that Gottfried and Lutz didn't see eye-to-eye.

So, is Lutz being kicked to the curb or allowed to take step one toward going to Ga Tech? Sounds like the former to me.

The roadshow rolls on. He should just live out of an RV

Back