• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Basketball Coaching Carousel

There isnt an another sports message board on the face of the Internet where vad is less likely to get sympathy about a basketball coaching hire than this one, yet he mysteriously continues to seek it. I guess he's trolling us. Well played.

Yeah, but we never demoted Jeff Battle from the assistant position. Shit, we even kept him after a head coaching change. Probably the case that Gottfried and Lutz didn't see eye-to-eye.

You'd have to bend pretty low to see eye to eye with the nervous little chipmunk that is Bobby Lutz.

Looking at Lutz's bio, between UNC-Charlotte and NC State he appears to have been a State employee for 19 years and change. Guessing he'll get to 20 in this role and move on.

Rumor I heard from State alum is Gott was trying to run a less than clean program recruiting-wise and Lutz was not on board.

Rumor I heard from State alum is Gott was trying to run a less than clean program recruiting-wise and Lutz was not on board.

lolz. NCSU doesn't even send Lutz out to do anything other than scout kids.

Looking at Lutz's bio, between UNC-Charlotte and NC State he appears to have been a State employee for 19 years and change. Guessing he'll get to 20 in this role and move on.

bingo

There isnt an another sports message board on the face of the Internet where vad is less likely to get sympathy about a basketball coaching hire than this one, yet he mysteriously continues to seek it. I guess he's trolling us. Well played.
Not looking for sympathy, just venting my frustration at the dumpster fire that is GT basketball.

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...ing-Carousel?p=2427619&viewfull=1#post2427619

He's a suck up glory hogging dick rocket douche nose, is why. Imagine hating John Buck or Scott Feather as a Wake fan. Pretty hard to figure right? So think of how much of a c-bag this guy had to have been to have life long Arizona fans hate him as a walk on. He should have been the lovable loser end-of-bench mop up minutes guy, instead we all just wanted to punch him in the balls and face.

HATEHATEHATEHATEHATE.
I had no idea who this person was until I just looked up his picture. I remember when he was in Arizona. Seemd like a complete fraud. Those players at the end of the bench are either there to boost the team's grade point average or the kid who gets in there at the end of games and the entire team is cheering that they score. He seems like an ass kisser just mimicking what the head coach did

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tubby Smith to Memphis.

Tubby Smith to Memphis.

Obviously. Memphis has a far better basketball fan-base and following than Texas Tech, but regardless, it's embarrassing for any Power V school to lose a coach that it wants to keep to a non-Power V school.

Like Tubby. He will turn 65 in June.

Insignificant reference: Former Duke player Vince Taylor was on the Texas Tech staff. Taylor has a long and winding basketball career. Graduated at Duke in 1982. Played in the NBA for the Knicks and Pacers between 1982 and 1984. Played in Europe for the next 13 years. Was a college assistant at Pitt, Wyoming, Minnesota, L'vile and Texas Tech. NBA assistant for the Timberwolves. He is now 55.

Tubby Smith to Memphis.

Good hire for Memphis. Obviously not a long term solution, but right now they just need to become relevant again. Also interesting, the cycle between Cal/Tubby and Memphis/Kentucky.

Solid hire. Look for Penny to be added to the staff at Memphis.

Does Memphis have nice facilities? It's a crappy school in a crappy conference in a rundown city

Does Memphis have nice facilities? It's a crappy school in a crappy conference in a rundown city

They play at FedEx Forum, so yea. And have incredible fan support in the city. And the AAC is not a crappy basketball conference.

They play at FedEx Forum, so yea. And have incredible fan support in the city. And the AAC is not a crappy basketball conference.

The AAC is a pretty crappy basketball conference. It's rated below the Big East, and all of the Power V conferences including the SEC. Most people wouldn't argue a claim that the SEC is a crappy basketball conference. UCONN is legit, and Cincy is a solid program, but there are 4 programs in that conference that are perpetually horrible:

- Tulane
- ECU
- UCF
- USF

That's more than 1/3 of the conference that are non-competitive Crappy is a fair description.

Back