• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Basketball Coaching Carousel

Pretty interesting quote from the article:

"FGCU, for one thing, couldn’t get former junior college signee Jonathan Milligan admitted last fall, only for Pitt to sign him days after his admission to FGCU was denied in August."

Wake doesn't even deal in Jucos, let alone admitting the type of student that couldn't even get into FGCU. I'm only pointing this out to note the types of standards a Wake coach deals with even against programs like Pitt.

Sanctimony standards? Wake admitted Cornelius Hudson two years ago. He was as borderline as they come.

[/B]

Sanctimony standards? Wake admitted Cornelius Hudson two years ago. He was as borderline as they come.

Yep. It was quite the accomplishment that he was able to stick around long enough to get kicked out for non-academic reasons.

Chris Beard bolts UNLV after two weeks on the job. Signs a five year deal with Texas Tech. I didn't realize this but this is the seond time that Beard has left a program high and dry. Back in May of 2012, he accepted the job as the head coach at Lamar State College-Port Arthur, was on the job less than a week before bolting to McMurry University (TX).

Has UNLV ever tried to join the Pac 12 or Big 12?

Last edited:
Chris Beard bolts UNLV after two weeks on the job. Signs a five year deal with Texas Tech. I didn't realize this but this is the seond time that Beard has left a program high and dry. Back in May of 2012, he accepted the job as the head coach at Lamar State College-Port Arthur, was on the job less than a week before bolting to McMurry University (TX).

He was the associate head coach for Tech under Bob and Pat Knight.

That guy must love Lubbock which is insane.

I was a big fan of Clawson's "I don't golf" statement from either his press conference or early on. It's symbolic, but it signals a hard worker.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...tner-refuses-to-hire-assistants-who-play-golf

So, Pastner won't hire assistants that play golf because 5 hours of personal time is too much for him to bear. Not sure that's the best way to attract the best assistants possible.

Sometimes hard charging all the time in a specific direction isn't the best. Occasional time for review and reflection can improve the final product. Sometimes the brain does better analysis when the subject is moved out of the forefront and left to the less obvious brain processes for work. A little golf or something else can help with that. Just not too much, or at the wrong time.

UNLV has hired Martin Menzies from New Mexico State.

New Mexico State is expected to promote their lead assistant to head coach.

Mark Prosser rumored to be in contention for the HC position at Dartmouth.

Sometimes hard charging all the time in a specific direction isn't the best. Occasional time for review and reflection can improve the final product. Sometimes the brain does better analysis when the subject is moved out of the forefront and left to the less obvious brain processes for work. A little golf or something else can help with that. Just not too much, or at the wrong time.

This. Taking my boat out has this effect.

I have solved many work issues mowing the lawn or taking an afternoon walk. Sometimes stepping away can be very productive to solving problems.

Back