• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Basketball Coaching Carousel

Thank you for the support on this position. I was talking to a researcher in synthetic chemistry and he told me his biggest issue today is no time to think. Used to be he did a new synthesis and sent the products out for analysis, which would take some time. During that time he would think and do library research. Now, the analysis is done in a very short time right in his lab (GC mass spec) and its right back to work.

The Lakers are targeting Kevin Ollie from UConn. That could help out our basketball recruiting particularly with Chaundee Brown.

How long do you all think it will take for Gottfried to get canned? Adam Goodman reported today that Abdul Malik-Abu is strongly considering transferring or hiring an agent for the draft. Are they even going to have a center on the roster?

Cow college has been dancing 4 out of 5 seasons under Gott- he's probably got a longer leash than expected.

There is still probably an issue that school is either not aware of or ignoring if he's running out so many players. It's not like the players leaving aren't getting any playing time.

All but Abu (which is coming from Jeff Goodman so I dont completely buy he's gone yet cause Goodman lives to fuck with NCSU) have been recruited over. It's certainly troubling but let's see who all actually takes the court next seaso. Before we throw dirt on Gott

I'm just looking at it as this: they have talent at the guard positions in Dennis smith, the Dorn kid that transferred in from Charlotte, and Rowan. If Abu leaves that leave them with Sean Kirk as the starting small forward most likely and he didn't get much PT last year. They will only have Anya and freeman as the power forward/center combo. So basically they'll be playing a six man rotation all year right? Starters being Dennis smith, Rowan, Kirk, Anya, and freeman with dorn backing up the point guard/shooting guard position. Am I missing someone?

All but Abu (which is coming from Jeff Goodman so I dont completely buy he's gone yet cause Goodman lives to fuck with NCSU) have been recruited over. It's certainly troubling but let's see who all actually takes the court next seaso. Before we throw dirt on Gott

State fans think that every reporter lives to fuck with them.

Those guys would be recruited over at any high major school they chose to attend.

I'm just looking at it as this: they have talent at the guard positions in Dennis smith, the Dorn kid that transferred in from Charlotte, and Rowan. If Abu leaves that leave them with Sean Kirk as the starting small forward most likely and he didn't get much PT last year. They will only have Anya and freeman as the power forward/center combo. So basically they'll be playing a six man rotation all year right? Starters being Dennis smith, Rowan, Kirk, Anya, and freeman with dorn backing up the point guard/shooting guard position. Am I missing someone?

Terry Henderson. And Kirk won't be starting. He's pretty awful.

Goodman is one of the most reliable reporters in the business.

Not saying he isn't. But there is some history, and certainly no love lost between the Pack and Goodman. He's since said his gut says that Abu stay so who the hell knows.

Those guys would be recruited over at any high major school they chose to attend.

Yep. And Kirk is the definition of a project. Athletic ability is there, who knows if it ever comes together to be a guy that can even play a productive minute in the ACC

Players will be added going forward. The question is, will they be any good.

There is still (at least) one empty seat on the coaching carousel. U of Delaware still hasn't hired a coach 7 weeks after firing Monte Ross. They appear to be waiting to hire a new AD (currently have interim) before getting new head BB coach. By the time they get that done, there won't be any coaches left.

Most of the team has asked for releases and gotten them. They'll be starting walk-ons in the fall. No recruiting last year because of refusing to extend Ross's contract. No recruiting this year, because no coach.

Big dominoes could fall if any open NBA jobs go to college coaches. Self and Shaka are rumored to be candidates for the Rockets job.

I don't know the source of these rumors, but I have serious reservations as to how well either of them (Shaka in particular) would fare in the NBA. I'd be surprised if either of them (again, particularly Shaka) would be interested.

Back