• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Basketball Coaching Carousel

Will Wade's contract with VCU has been extended through the 2024 season. That likely takes him out of the running for Vanderbilt.

Potential Vandy candidates include Amaker (doubt he would take it), Bryce Drew (Valpo), James Jones (Yale), and some major longshots (Chris Mack, Archie Miller, Buzz Williams).

Here is the article from the Tennessean: http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2016/03/27/who-could-replace-kevin-stallings-vanderbilt/82213160/

Julius Hodge never struck me as one of those cerebral players you'd later want on your coaching staff. He had plenty of athleticism and ability, so if he had an in depth understanding of basketball, he probably would have lasted longer than 2 seasons in the NBA.

Last edited:
Per the other thread on Chris Paul, maybe our hiring him would reverse the curse. I'd hate to have him sulking on our sidelines, but what do we have to lose.

Of course with our luck he'd make Chill mad, and a second groin punch would slingshot the curse into a new generation of doomed Deacons.

Per the other thread on Chris Paul, maybe our hiring him would reverse the curse. I'd hate to have him sulking on our sidelines, but what do we have to lose.

Of course with our luck he'd make Chill mad, and a second groin punch would slingshot the curse into a new generation of doomed Deacons.

LOL... Seems like he only does groin punches ON the court...

Julius Hodge never struck me as one of those cerebral players you'd later want on your coaching staff. He had plenty of athleticism and ability, so if he had an in depth understanding of basketball, he probably would have lasted longer than 2 seasons in the NBA.

I think getting shot during a drive by during his rookie season probably didn't help his chances of sticking in the NBA.

I never considered hodge that athletic

Agreed, he was a crafty player more than an athlete.

Good for him. Glad he's got a head coaching job. Maybe I'll go see his team a game or two next year.

He had one last year. Took LR to 21-10 and the sweet sixteen in the d2 tournament. But it is nice that he got a D1 gig.

Back