• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Basketball Coaching Carousel

Now Abu is posting pics working out at state and Yurtseven (Turkish 5star big man) is on an official. Being a state fan has a lot of up and downs day to day

Good Russell Turner article. He's definitely open to coming back East. I'd forgotten how good his HS team was.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/colle...cle_76e909bb-14a7-5ced-9c4c-0c59a5928457.html

I got the same feeling, that he is open to coming back to the east coast. Just wants a school that is perceived as "better" than his current UC-Irvine situation. As I recall, part of why he left Wake was his wife was in medical school somewhere out west, maybe Stanford.

The University of Delaware finally hired a new athletic director, who starts June 5. Their basketball staff is currently only one assistant coach. His contract expires June 30. They won their conference regular season and conference titles a season ago. Then they left the coach dangling on his final contract year and then let him go. No recruits last year or this, and a pile of players transferred out. If Wake was a dumpster fire, this is the whole landfill burning.

I got the same feeling, that he is open to coming back to the east coast. Just wants a school that is perceived as "better" than his current UC-Irvine situation. As I recall, part of why he left Wake was his wife was in medical school somewhere out west, maybe Stanford.

Yeah. He was an assistant at Stanford then Golden State after Wake if I remember correctly.

The University of Delaware finally hired a new athletic director, who starts June 5. Their basketball staff is currently only one assistant coach. His contract expires June 30. They won their conference regular season and conference titles a season ago. Then they left the coach dangling on his final contract year and then let him go. No recruits last year or this, and a pile of players transferred out. If Wake was a dumpster fire, this is the whole landfill burning.

Well he went 10-20 the season after the NCAAT appearance and then 7-23 last year so it wasn't completely out of the blue.

U of D AD left Monte Ross hanging with no contract for a long time after his conference title and NCAA appearance. AD was finally overruled by University President and Ross was given a three year extension. That impacted his recruiting. And he needed a lot of recruits because much of the championship team was seniors. The next year he had key players get hurt and miss a lot of time. And with little in the recruiting bag from the previous year, not much behind them. Thus the bad year.

The AD was fired. The University president resigned. There was an interim AD, who also resigned. Finally the new AD is on board, and at least she recognizes that she needs to hire a basketball coach. There will be a new U of D president in June.

Most of the players have either left or asked for release. They don't have enough on scholarship to even field a team, let alone practice. I expect open tryouts on campus in the fall. If Wake has been a dumpster fire, this is a toxic waste landfill conflagration.

Back