• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

deacondamo

El Jefe
Reaction score
Time for the off-season thread to die.

Will Arrieta repeat as Cy Young?
Will the Cubs win 100 games?
Will Pablo Sandoval eat Hanley Ramirez?
Will the Yankees get an AARP discount this year?
Will the Barves win 70 games?
Is Maikel Franco legit?

Let's do this.

P.S. O's win Opening Day in walkoff fashion on a Wieters single. Antics ensue.

rglogo1.gif&LogoXPos=5&LogoYPos=5&maxw=630&maxh=350

Last edited:
lol, Adam Jones will show you what he thinks of the pie ban.

rays drop back-to-back 5-3 decisions against the jays stranding a ton of runners. the more the lineup changes the more it stays the same.

All yes-es except Arrieta (gotta be real) and the Bravos. And for their sake I hope they don't win 70

Carlos Correa in a nutshell today. Bobbles a would-be DP ball in the 3rd, allowing the Yankees to score 2 runs on the next play when Starlin Castro hits a double. Then hits a dinger to tie the game in the 6th.

I love this preternaturally gifted hitter/mediocre oversized shortstop.

Carlos Correa in a nutshell today. Bobbles a would-be DP ball in the 3rd, allowing the Yankees to score 2 runs on the next play when Starlin Castro hits a double. Then hits a dinger to tie the game in the 6th.

I love this preternaturally gifted hitter/mediocre oversized shortstop.

Is there a plan to move him to a different position at some point?

Is there a plan to move him to a different position at some point?

Eventually yeah, he'll probably be a 3rd baseman in the Manny Machado mold. He has a canon of an arm, but his hands are so-so and he's too big to cover a ton of ground. (Right now, he makes up for that a little with his laser rocket arm.)

But he's still a net positive out there. I haven't seen the numbers, but I assume playing a (maybe below) average SS with a wRC+ of 130+ and getting passable production from 3B is more valuable than the other way around for the Astros.

Big papi on his dinger today "when the lights go on, Papi goes on."

So thilly

Thor hit 95 mph with his slider yesterday.

1215xt.gif

So, my son has decided he is only going to wear two shirts for the rest of the year, his Tanaka shirzee and his Utley shirzee. He is divided on his fandom.

So, my son has decided he is only going to wear two shirts for the rest of the year, his Tanaka shirzee and his Utley shirzee. He is divided on his fandom.

You're in NY now, right? That has to be rough. I don't think I could handle my kids being Yankees fans.

Syndergaard's pitch FX page for that game is fun: link

home sick today and there's a day game on MLB Network...win

rays drop back-to-back 5-3 decisions against the jays stranding a ton of runners. the more the lineup changes the more it stays the same.

Rays system must be loaded with OF. O's fans LOVE Rickard. Dude lit up spring training and had a nice Opening Day. All he does is get on base, steal and score. He is basically what we thought David Lough was going to be.

Back