• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Well they have him for three. Can you blame them for likely wanting major league talent to move the best pitcher in the AL on a 3/38 after this one?

They have absolutely no one in farm system. No real young players either on the roster. They are going to lose with him or without him. Might as well trade him. If it's Red Sox and you can get Moncada and Benintiendi why not do it.

I can't imagine the Sox are going to move Moncada + Benintendi for anyone right now, Dombrowski be damned.

Yeah. I think the obsession with shortening games has sorta jumped the shark at this point.

Well they have him for three. Can you blame them for likely wanting major league talent to move the best pitcher in the AL on a 3/38 after this one?

They aren't one or two dudes away though - major league ready or close players? Sure - and that deal is not known what it is, so it might not be as amazing as it was made out to be - but the tone of what was reported is that they refused it without countering or going into more detail - not even that they just said no.

Wow - Chris Sale. Apparently benched (sent home on a scheduled start) for destroying throwback jerseys b/c he didn't want to wear them.

Sounds like Indians and nats bid it up - waiting on extension, hoping to be finalized tomorrow.

You think the Yankees are going to allow the Cubs to negotiate an extension when they're fielding offers from 4-5 teams?

They aren't one or two dudes away though - major league ready or close players? Sure - and that deal is not known what it is, so it might not be as amazing as it was made out to be - but the tone of what was reported is that they refused it without countering or going into more detail - not even that they just said no.

It was the Rangers and it was a queen's ransom, but apparently they want a king's ransom. I understand it was vetoed at the top of the chain at the last minute.

Sounds like Hal Steinbrenner might be holding up the Chapman deal.

Also, Griffey's HOF suit should go in the HOF.

ct-throwback-thursday-report-white-sox-spt-0828-20150827

... I think I'm with Chris Sale on this one.

At least they didn't have to rock the shorts like the originals did in those things.

Garr,%20Orioles.bmp

Its at heavy overpay mode now for Chapman - Torres, Adam Warren, Billy McKinney plus another. All in Theo.

Just said this to MH in the Cubs thread, but any team with a halfway decent reliever should be selling right now - this was a crazy overpay for 2 months of Chapman, but looking back at the Giles and Kimbrel trade, elite/potential elite relievers are getting so much in return right now.

Back