• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Eduardo Rodriguez is infuriating to watch. Throwing 92 MPH fastballs 95% of the time is not gonna get it done. Learn a freaking curveball.

Tampa, losers of 11 straight, welcome Boston and immediately score 5 in the bottom of the inning. You have a pitching problem, Boston, and you need to fork over your system to Atlanta to straighten it out.

Yes please. Look, we'll even throw in stud Bud Norris to go along with Viz & Teheran.

OMG

Trout's trip on the basepath

920x920.jpg

FWIW. The Cubs have two pitchers in the extra inning game against the Reds. Travis Wood is facing LH batters and Spencer Patton is facing RH batters. Each play LF when not pitching. Hasn't been done in MLB since 1986 when the Mets did it.

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Odor becomes most beloved Ranger in history)

I recall Bobby Cox putting a relief pitcher (Resop?)in left field once for one batter and then having him go back to the mound. The other pitcher did not go out to LF though.

I recall Bobby Cox putting a relief pitcher (Resop?)in left field once for one batter and then having him go back to the mound. The other pitcher did not go out to LF though.

Bo Porter did this once with Tony Sipp. I can't remember the exact outcome, but I vaguely recall that it didn't go well.

Bo Porter did this once with Tony Sipp. I can't remember the exact outcome, but I vaguely recall that it didn't go well.

He did. Tommy Lasorda did it in an long extra inning game against the Cubs in the late 1980s.

Lucas Giolito's night ended after 4 innings last night due to a rain delay.

Saw this in a Cubs-Cards game at Wrigely back in 2009. There was a dude on 3rd and I really wanted a sac fly situation with the pitcher making a throw to the plate.

Tonight, Danny Espinosa has a Grand Slam and a three run dinger...from opposite sides of the plate.

I like what the red sox did - I mean outside of fucking the system and cheating, they are giving two other dudes an opportunity when they wouldn't have had one and the other guy gets paid. Sure, sure, that hurts other teams being able to sign this guy, but whatever.

The punishment really is not that big of a deal. If they banned them from signing players next year, it would have had more bite.

Oh nice game btw, Sawx.

Tweets by Olney and some others make it sound like Yanks at 40-42 are ready to sell now - only 4.5 out of the WC. Beltran, Miller and Chapman all should get a good return.

sounds like the rays are floating all their sp except archer.

Back