• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

M's showing some impressive fight to keep their team alive #teamchaos #exceptforthecardinalsfuckthem

Is there any doubt we got this? A rookie out dueling Kershaw? Yup. #evenyearmagic

Justin Upton doing an impression of his 2013 self. In Turner and doesn't take the bat off his shoulder in the team's final AB of the season.

Giants about to sweep.

Would really like for Betts to get on and set up the Papi walk off.

Just listened to Vin's last sign off. It was a lyrical, melodic and humble as every game was.

This is a sad but joyous day.

Have a great retirement Vin! There will never be another you.

Seems like each year since the second WC was added, there's potential for end-of-season chaos, and each year, it ends up getting decided as cleanly as possible.

Cubs have to want no part of the Giants, right?

Also, it would be nice if the Indians could just sweep Boston, so we don't have to hear about David Ortiz every waking minute.

Let's go, Tribe! I'm pulling for Cleveland or Baltimore to make it out of the AL.

Even year magic beat out Cards devil magic.

Let's go....... whoever makes it out of the Cubs / Dodgers series, I guess.

Edit: Oh! I misread, they are not playing eachother. Go Cubs AND Dodgers!

Last edited:
Cubs have to want no part of the Giants, right?

More or less. Still preferable to the weirdness that would've been a Cardinals series, IMO.

Given the nightmare for him that have been Cueto's road playoff starts I would feel fairly confident we'd at least get off to a good start against them

I can't wait until the Cubs win and the 30 yr old bandwagon fans act like they've had it so much harder than 30 yr old Rangers/Mariners/Indians/Orioles/Astros fans (list non-inclusive)

I can't wait until the Cubs win and the 30 yr old bandwagon fans act like they've had it so much harder than 30 yr old Rangers/Mariners/Indians/Orioles/Astros fans (list non-inclusive)

I'll give you Rangers and Indians. The others haven't exactly had a Bartman-ish moment.

And Jeffrey Maier doesn't count. Game 1

I'll give you Rangers and Indians. The others haven't exactly had a Bartman-ish moment.

And Jeffrey Maier doesn't count. Game 1

Of the five teams I listed, you picked the two most successful in the last 20-25 years or so.

Thanks for proving my point I guess?

Even year magic beat out Cards devil magic.

Let's go....... whoever makes it out of the Cubs / Dodgers series, I guess.

Edit: Oh! I misread, they are not playing eachother. Go Cubs AND Dodgers!

Down with you on the magic thing. But, after the Giants take care of the spinners in the WC, I have to go with them against the bubs. I love Chicago, but I don't love Wrigleyville. Some of the Giants played AA here, plus I get MadBum and Hunter (I wear clown shoes) Pence.

If the spinners win the WC game, I'll probably just shoot myself, or pull for the Dodgers.

Of the five teams I listed, you picked the two most successful in the last 20-25 years or so.

Thanks for proving my point I guess?

Yeah, I guess it depends on what you define as painful. To me it's more painful to get agonizingly close to a title yet still never win it, with all the built up home that comes up with, than to be just outright terrible like the O's were for 15 years or the Cubs were between their '03-04, '07-08 and current spates of success.

So to me, I'd say 30ish-old Indians or Rangers fans have had rougher rides than the Cubs, and wouldn't claim to say I at least have been more put upon than fans of those fan bases

Last edited:
Phillies with a very nice tribute to Ryan Howard, the last player on the team from the 2008 World Series team. He isn't retiring, so he says, but the Phillies do intend to play without him next year, and will exercise their buyout on the rest of his contract.

Maybe he retires after the buyout, maybe he finds another team that needs a homerun hitter.

Back