• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Volleyball Coach Abusive?

How far into the hour?

I don't really feel comfortable posting it here, but one of his former players at Wake put a big post on Facebook defending him today

He isnt going to get another coaching job anytime soon. So at least if he resigns as opposed to being fired he can't collect unemployment on our dime.

Do you realize how little the unemployment payments would be after the Repubs in Raleigh cut them? That had nothing to do with the decision to have a resignation.

Do you realize how little the unemployment payments would be after the Repubs in Raleigh cut them? That had nothing to do with the decision to have a resignation.

Ahh... The murczek of ogboards says hello.

I don't really feel comfortable posting it here, but one of his former players at Wake put a big post on Facebook defending him today

Why not?

Dear Deacon Club members,

As a member of the Deacon Club, I want you to know that we just met with the volleyball team to announce head coach Ken Murczek's resignation. As you can imagine, it was a difficult decision for Ken to make but he believes that it is in the best interests of the program for him to step aside.

Our search for a new head coach will start immediately. Assistant coach Lindsay Allman will serve as our interim head coach until a new head coach is announced. We will move as quickly as possible to find a new head coach but that timetable is unpredictable.

As a member of the Deacon Club, you undoubtedly have a vested interest in the status of our program. We value your interest and support. We have a bright future in volleyball. Being at the top of the ACC is a realistic goal for our program and we intend to reach that level of achievement.

I am convinced that a number of outstanding candidates will emerge for our job. I look forward to announcing our new coach to you and cheering for our team with you in the fall.

-Ron I don't do my job Well-man
He uses the phrase "As members of the Deacon Club" twice, and the first one conveys the meaning that because he's a Deacon Club member, he wanted us to know something.

#grammarnazi
#nosat
#c'monron

Meanwhile, comments have disappeared from the WFU FB post announcing his resignation.

But a comment supporting the guy from some dook chick remains...

Because no matter how public we may consider social media posts to be, I don't think I would really like it if someone took one of mine and put it on a message board so I don't feel comfortable doing it to someone else. I'm sure that someone else on here is probably friends with her and can do it if they want

Because no matter how public we may consider social media posts to be, I don't think I would really like it if someone took one of mine and put it on a message board so I don't feel comfortable doing it to someone else. I'm sure that someone else on here is probably friends with her and can do it if they want

You thought right.

Where was the priority and resignation before all this became public? Just another sleazy maneuver by a sleazy AD who should have been fired long ago.

Donovan Mitchell's sister Myca has committed to Wake Forest for volleyball. That should help ward off any homesickness for him.

Where was the priority and resignation before all this became public? Just another sleazy maneuver by a sleazy AD who should have been fired long ago.

A couple of weeks later and it's all been swept under the rug.

Back